What's new
sadly it is, those converters work well enough on the cps stuff but not on the namco going to run vga cord directly and see if the problem continues and if not may run a splitter so eventually i can run cps and namco via multi-jamma

Hey Mitsu, any thoughts on the blinking warning ?? The blinking starts after the main init of the optic drive but appears to start up ok.... I have noticed on SC3 I don't have use of ps2 controllers as i did in the past......

Not sure. You said the PS2 controllers worked om sc3 before.

Yes was able to use them fine before, now they don't light up the dual shock light like before.

Not sure about that one. Hope you figure it out.

Just to confirm what are the "in range" voltage for a 246 ?

I use my normal rule of thumb of 5.1v measured at the system. 12v should be near 12v but it's not a big deal if it's off by a few tenths.

Well with the fact that I have multiple boards (cps2 SA, Asia and the namco 246) I was trying to make it where I could hookup them up without having to do a lot of changing. I did discover the 246 absolutely hates the converter (thoug hthe cps2 boards don't mind it) and my blinking light seems to come from the fact that I am not using a factory DVD drive. PS2 controller does work on SC3 but not on T4 (red light only), and does anyone have a pinout for a twisted quarter harness need to find the test switch.

Is your converter the Gonbes one?
If yes, check your clamp st and clamp sp settings, put st on 3 and sp on 4.

To be honest I don't remember what type of converter it is bought it off ebay. I ordered and installed a cps1 kick harness it worked perfectly minus having to shave off a little plastic. Also curious if anyone knows the unlock schedule for the hidden characters, all I can find is the ps2 info.

Unfortunately with the ps2 controllers, only a few games like the Soul Caliburs support them, nothing can be done for Tekken 4 since it is simply not in the code.

The test switch is the first Dip switch, just switch it to on and that will get you into test mode, no need for anything on the harness.

Just wondering, why are you using converters? If 246 is set to 31hkz mode, it will display in 640X480 on any HDTV that supports 480p and most computer monitors (most 246 game manuals you can find in pdf will have the dip switch modes)

For some odd reason flipping dip switch 1 doesn't trip the test menu so I wired up a setup for my test and service so problem solved there took some trial and error. No big deal on ps2 controller got the controls setup now. The converter was so I would not have to keep flopping between my cps2 and my namco setup however still have to flop a bit because of the kick harnesses......

Well .. I am joining the "My Tekken 4 doesn't play" club. Voltages are fine, and the 246 with play every other 246 game I put in it just fine.

I understand it may be the DVD-ROM .. however there aren't an abundance out there.. let alone at a descent price. So let me ask this does the version of the dongle matter? The version I have is TEF1 VER.A .. if I got the dongle converted to the newest version would that matter? If I made a copy of the DVD would that matter than running from the regular disc?

Just looking for options.

Dongle shouldn't matter... do you have a video rental place or anything near you that offers CD resurfacing? I never got mine working with a burned disc (other games were OK with burns) but when I had my original DVD resurfaced it started working.

I don't know of any place local to me but I can look into it. With that said the disc is in pristine condition there is not a single scratch, mar, or blemish on the disc.

Whoever figures out how to make any IDE DVD Rom (or even a IDE to SATA hack would be awesome) work in these things is going to be godly.

OK I sent my disc of to be resurfaced and I bought two DVD-ROMS that supposedly will run Tekken 4. A LG GSA-H55N and a LG GSA-H42N. I found somewhere posted online ( http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=308.0;imode he also posts information from other sources) where both of these drives were tested and worked with Tekken 4 and Soul Calibur 2. I'm figuring if it works with Tekken 4 (the pickiest game ever) it should be able to run everything else.

It's a shot in the dark. I will give updates when everything arrives and the disc comes back.

I've never had problems running Soul Calibur 2 on different drives. However, Tekken 4 and Bloody Roar 3 are super picky.

Back