What's new
U

Unicron

Anybody know where one could get a hold of Tetris The Grand Master arts, like the marquee and instruction slips?

I found some for TGM3, but I am looking for some for the first and second game.

Can they be bought somewhere?

I have some repo art for the first game but I wouldn't mind getting my hands on some scans for games 2 and 3

+1 looking for scans of TAP and TI

I have scans for the first game I can share.

ok I scanned and repaired my TGM1 pops at 1250 DPI, enough to capture all of the print errors. About 14,000 x 10,000 for the marquee and 16,300 x 3,000 pixels for the instruction card. I'll include original measurements if you want to 1-1 them.

Last edited:
ok I scanned and repaired my TGM1 pops at 1250 DPI, enough to capture all of the print errors. About 14,000 x 10,000 for the marquee and 16,300 x 3,000 pixels for the instruction card. I'll include original measurements if you want to 1-1 them.

C25mw10.png
Fantastic work! Keen for these arts if you’re willing to share a download link?

I've discovered that the online copies of the scanned TGM, TAP and TI art are unacceptably low for preservation and print standards so I'm on a mission to find and create the highest quality archive possible of these.. Please DM me if you have any leads for originals, I know TOPS has a TGM3 with instructions for around $1500 but that's outside my budget for the art.

Yes, I'll share high quality archives and print instructions for matching the colorspace and contrast of the originals. @djsheep

Alright, the TAP marquee is gonna take a bit. The main pop is laminated, and the source image is a bit blurry, it's difficult to remove some of the wrinkles, folds, and laminate reflections. I scanned this a few different times after cleaning it, and rotating it, looking for the best reflections. A friend and I determined there's not a safe way to remove the laminate without risking destruction of the pop.

Here's a closeup so you can see what we're dealing with.

WwrzjwD.png

This one I scanned at 1600 DPI, 18,800 pixels x 13,400 pixels to make sure I captured these blurry source images as best as I could.

Zll5Yo9.png

I seem to have misplaced the instruction card and second pop. Will keep looking around. I don't own one of the promotional fliers but I see one on ebay for about $50 shipping from Japan. The 300 DPI scans on Psikyobabble are too low for my needs. http://psikyobabble.com/gallery/Tetris-TATGM-2/

Last edited:
I have tgm 1 + flyer , move strips & marquee , tgm2 & tgm2 tap +flyer , movestips + poster & 2 different marquee's, tgm3 , movestrip , marquee + flyer ....all originals , unlaminated ...

What should they get scanned in at ?
Then i'll see if my itshay home scanner can do it , or maybe go to a shop ..

The real question is who is gonna work out a fix for the tgm3 dongle ?

Last edited:
bit of a hyperthetical quip ,
my ttx og tgm3 is kinda busted and I reckon its the dongles fault ..... yeah i can run it on a different ide hdd ..... but kinda very loosely like mame vs original pcb thinking ..

I have tgm 1 + flyer , move strips & marquee , tgm2 & tgm2 tap +flyer , movestips + poster & 2 different marquee's, tgm3 , movestrip , marquee + flyer ....all originals , unlaminated ...

What should they get scanned in at ?
Then i'll see if my itshay home scanner can do it , or maybe go to a shop ..

The real question is who is gonna work out a fix for the tgm3 dongle ?
That is a great collection :D They should be scanned at 600 DPI minimum if you can do 1200 DPI that would be brilliant.

What kind of fix do you need for the tgm3 dongle ? I made an encrypted disk image I would be happy to share with you.

Does anyone have a disc image for TGM3 on the TTX2 with the fireworks bug fixed?

I've heard something like the fireworks don’t load properly on a hacked very of TGM3, TI.. true/false?

Used to be true on some graphics cards, but that is fixed now afaik. A good way to spot lazy bootlegs running on TTX2 or other off-spec hardware is if the fireworks are rendered as pixels. TGM3 does something weird and doesn't specify the particle weights. I think on the AMD GPU in TTX1, the undefined behavior results in 1.0 weight particles or something. However, on other cards, without hacks/fixes, you get 0.0 weight particles that render single pixels something along those lines it's a hallmark of bad TTX2 loaders or China bootlegs, often.

If anyone knows where to locate this, let me know. TTX2 is my main machine and my tgm3 image has the busted thin fireworks..

Also @orio1 I can talk you through any/all scanning best practices. 1600 or higher would be primo, I'll be happy to clean up any dust/hair/scuffs if you want to share them either here or through DM! What a helpful contributor to this effort. It will be awesome to share this resource with the always growing TGM community.

Ok, update, I got frustrated with repairing that laminate, so I bought ANOTHER set of TAP art that was fresh, with no lamination.

I also bought a new scanner and redid my TAP scans at an eye-watering 4800 DPI.. I will include versions at multiple resolutions and supervise the resampling to make sure it doesnt create any weird moire artifacts.

Stay tuned, I am still looking for someone to lend me TGM3 art to scan and repair, I found someone on discord who owns them and said he could scan them for me, but if anyone else has some leads, I want to create true archival scans of all this stuff, not "good enough" low res scans with no hair/dust/dirt repair or print guidance.

QiDpKKY.png

0qjd7ua.jpg

Alright some final previews before I start finalizing files to take to a printer to start testing how these scans will print. There's going to need to be some modifications to approximate the color and contrast. Because I'm interested in blowing up all the art for my cabinets as well, I will document that prep/print process as I go.

Main TAP pop, this is the non-laminated one

TAP 20g /no challengers modes pop detail
6btJUP6.png

TAP new modes pop
detail
YACiGmB.jpg

Here's a before / after to show you an example of some of the repairs I did up at 3400-4800 DPI before testing moire on the way down to a printable set of 1600

3NATsKt.png
5Cxoult.png

Going to do the TA marquee last.

Attachments

• PwFcfkT.png
    PwFcfkT.png
    607.7 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:
Beautiful. would be great if those files could be shared. I'd pay for the download should I ever need to print one.

Back