What's new
Hey guys, I installed my Darksoft multi yesterday and it's working great. I haven't tested every game, but I have a sound issue with both Pocket Fighter and Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix.

It sounds like the sound effects are being used to create the music, which results in a jumbled mess of sound. It sounds a lot like an MvC board I once bought for cheap that was fixed by jumpers and jumper wire from the Pal. Every other game so far sounds fine. I'm using the CPS2 Roll-Up Base Pack 2020-05-24.

Any ideas?

I dont know. Which exact version is the one giving you trouble? Maybe someone else can confirm.

Guys I have a SFA2 PCB that I converted to Darksoft Multi a couple of years ago and it was working fine. Suddenly it just outputs a green screen. When I try to flash a new rom the screen does go black and when it's finished on the LCD it is back to a green screen. i've tried shorting out the EXC5 pin and it doesn't make a change. Do any of you have any recommendations on where to go next? Or do I need to purchase a new B board?

Did you check the troubleshooting list? Nothing running usually means a problem with Program Rom. It can be the flashes (use verify check to discard this), it can be the buffers, it can be the small PCB for Program Roms or it can be the cables for injecting keys (did you try a phoenixed game? with key all full of 0xFFFFFF ? )
Of course that's in regards to the kit. Your A or B board could also have just stopped working.

Green screen is a suicide screen, it's reading main program but not able to run it

Check your key writing wires, or it could be a bad B board that won't load keys. I've seen it before, usually on a board with battery damage though I've not seen it happen after storage. Could be trace damage due to corrosion from storage though

Question regarding an older Multi board - if the LCD after "programming" the game does not flash the "programming key" message, does that mean it's running the old firmware?

I am using the encrypted roll up pack. The screen just stays black, nothing happens!

Question regarding an older Multi board - if the LCD after "programming" the game does not flash the "programming key" message, does that mean it's running the old firmware?

I am using the encrypted roll up pack. The screen just stays black, nothing happens!
Yes you’re on the old firmware. You need to update the firmware on your kit to support key writing

Can anyone help with setting the roms to free play? Kind of hard to open up the cab for every rom to set it. I’ll wind up making a coin up button if i can’t fix this. Thanks!

Can anyone help with setting the roms to free play? Kind of hard to open up the cab for every rom to set it. I’ll wind up making a coin up button if i can’t fix this. Thanks!
Freeplay is set through the service menu. Those settings are saved when you power down but not when you write a new game.

Freeplay is set through the service menu. Those settings are saved when you power down but not when you write a new game.
So my best bet is to add a coin up button instead? Seems like a pain in the butt to open the cab each time a new rom is written. Thanks for the response.

Wiring a button is simple. It’s just two wires and a button. It’s your best bet given what you want to achieve.

As a follow up, my friend bought another Multi kit (this one is V2). I swapped the main and interconnect pcb with the new ones and it works perfectly. The sprite issue seems to be in the multi’s main pcb. He asked me if it is possible to send it for repair ?

Hello all,
I have an issue with a new CPS2 Multi kit.
I have a color screen on boot with crypted games, and works fine with uncrypted like CPS1 convert Street Fighter 2 CE.
I have a 93646BG-3 board, i used this:
PIN#5(– CN2 A32
PIN#4(– CN2 A30
PIN#3(– CN2 A31
PIN#2(– CN2 A29

- EXC5 may need to be temporarily shorted to remove keys that have not been flushed
It's works with uncrypted roms, so is not that

- Broken pins on multi kit
Looks like OK

- Interconnect board not installed the correct way
I try without, black screen, so not that

- Key writing wires are not installed correctly
I check, and recheck with multimeters: OK

- Correct firmware has not been installed onto multi kit
It's a new kit, bought 3 weeks ago

- Correct ROM pack is not installed on the SD card
Possible, someone have another pack for me ? MP plz
Archives.org link dead...

- SD card is bad
Don't think so, uncrypted games works fine

- Mac only: You have not run dot_clean to remove the indexing files MacOS creates on all storage devices (this is done by running the following command in a Terminal: dot_clean /Volumes/SDCardnamehere )
PC master race :D

Last edited:
You should still short the EXC5.

I saw the latest roms on archive.org by searching for “multipacks”.

The interconnect board shouldn’t be removed, just keep it in place. Try cleaning and reseating everything again.

Ensure the folder structure on your card is ok after you get the latest roll up pack.

You should still short the EXC5.
I did it already 3 times
I saw the latest roms on archive.org by searching for “multipacks”.
I found it, thx, i will try with this one
The interconnect board shouldn’t be removed, just keep it in place. Try cleaning and reseating everything again.
I know that, it was just for info.
Ensure the folder structure on your card is ok after you get the latest roll up pack.
Sure.

Back