What's new

plasticfactory

Grand Master
Reaction score
I know this has been asked before, but would like to invite some discussion. What is the optimal height for a candy cabinet stool? I am 3d printing some, and the first came out a little too tall for my liking.

I may make cushions for them, but as it is, the stool is shockingly comfy. I definitely need to cut some rubber or felt for the bottom, though.

20211014_095812.jpg
20211014_095804.jpg

Taito stools are 43cm for cabs like Astro City and 48cm for Vewlix. Seeing as your custom printing some, you have the liberty and chance to find what works for you and your cabs.

Taito stools are 43cm for cabs like Astro City and 48cm for Vewlix. Seeing as your custom printing some, you have the liberty and chance to find what works for you and your cabs.
Thanks, looks like this one should be solid for the Vewlix -- it's 48cm. I'll do the next round at 43.

That is a monster 3D printer! I'm guessing it eats pissy little 1.7mm filament for breakfast.

Tell us more more about this magnificent beast! How did you come by it? What does it normally get used for? I need one in my life!

That is a monster 3D printer! I'm guessing it eats pissy little 1.7mm filament for breakfast.

Tell us more more about this magnificent beast! How did you come by it? What does it normally get used for? I need one in my life!

It uses 2.85 filament, and because the extrusions are larger than the filament itself, it definitely sucks it down. I'm soon going to be equipping it with a pellet extruder -- 25kg spools of filament get expensive in a hurry, and this will also allow me to do more interesting material blends.

I work in plastic processing, specializing in injection molding, extrusion, tool/die making and now AM. Currently the machine is used in operations, making things like parts containment systems for molding machines, end of arm tooling, and even tradeshow props for our exhibits. Eventually we plan to sell machine time in one form or another, but right now everything is mostly rooted in R&D of some form.

Time to repro some arcade parts! How about the topper on the Tecmo Urban? :)

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/tecmo-urban.15721/page-2#post-277827

That would be a perfect application, should someone be interested. However, I imagine some sort of epoxy/bondo type finishing and paint would be required to get the surface finish acceptable. Or who knows, maybe some people would like to see the striations on a repro :)

I've gone down the repro path before, specifically with an NNC parts but unfortunately toolroom backlog eventually knocked out my pet projects from the schedule. Fortunately, there is no real backlog on our AM equipment.

Last edited:
Back