What's new

zionfarm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The board was bought from Ebay as working but for some reason I am not getting a picture when powering up the PCB. I have both a HAS V3.2 & a Minigun is there some kind of setting I need to set to the HAS to get this thing to power up?

Do you have sound? Give it a few seconds to boot and try to credit and start playing to check if it's booting.
Gaelco boards have some peculiarities regarding video output. If memory serves me right, there's a video ground missing on the board side and that causes lots of trouble with the output.
I know I usually can't get them to sync on my test bench...

Do you have sound? Give it a few seconds to boot and try to credit and start playing to check if it's booting.
Gaelco boards have some peculiarities regarding video output. If memory serves me right, there's a video ground missing on the board side and that causes lots of trouble with the output.
Should I post photos of the PCB to verify this missing video ground issue?

Yes, most of Gaelco PCBs have missing video GPROUND on PIN 14 parts side of the JAMMA edge connector.Try to jumper with a wire this pin 14 to a whatever GROUND pin of JAMMA connector (pin 1-2-27-28 of both sides)

Last edited:
IMG_8704.jpg
IMG_8705.jpg

So the board works with my Minigun but not with my HAS. From the videos the HAS is having a sync issue while the Minigun is not. Can I get some pointers on what I need to set the HAS to please?

So the board works with my Minigun but not with my HAS. From the videos the HAS is having a sync issue while the Minigun is not. Can I get some pointers on what I need to set the HAS to please?
As @caius stated, you need to connect pin 14 from the top side of the JAMMA edge connector to a ground pin and that should do the trick.
The first two and the last two pins in the JAMMA connector are grounds. Solder a wire from one of these to pad 14 and the problem should go away.
There are many pictures of the JAMMA pin numbering scheme online.
Google JAMMA pinout and you should find them.

Thank you all for the help. Since the the pcb works well with my Minigun without that mod you guys mention I will just use it with this board when I want to play it.

V/r

Back