What's new

jimbone007

Beginner
Reaction score
Hey Everyone I've been having a really hard time finding a replacement solenoid to drop into my tc4 guns. I found ones with a quick google search labeled tc4 solenoid. They want 105$ each which seems like way too much. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can just purchase the TDS-10LS solenoid that's in these guns, which I'm thinking will be a lot cheaper than the '' TC4 solenoid". I've Tried finding other solenoids comparable in dimensions, voltage, wattage etc but none of them are really that close that I can find. I'm debating on slightly modifying the tc 1 slide bracket to fit in a tc4 gun so I can use the tubular solenoid I've seen mentioned here in another post which only cost about 10$if I have no other choice but I'd rather stick to what came in the tc4 gun. any help would be great.

May struggle to fit it in, looks like apart from the solenoid/electromagnet being slight different the way the slide mounts may cause an issue. The TC4 mounts to the underside and proceeds towards the rear and the TC1/2 bolts to the front

https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...placement-tests-work-in-progress.17674/page-2

you may be able to do some fettling to the shell to make it fit, it's one of those things that until you have it in your hands it's hard to tell.

I reckon if you keep searching aliexpress bound to be something you can use, after a quick search getting there

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...%3B-1%40salePrice%3BAUD%3Brecommend-recommend

just needs the end trimming as you only need that circlip for retaining the slide. Searching with 'electromagnet push pull' brings heaps of results

at that price, it'd be worthwhile having a couple as "spares"

Yeah no idea if that one is any good it just looked similar with a bit more research i'm sure you could find something, then order a sample and see how ya go.

it's important to replace it with one that is similar in spec. mostly the ohms should match what the rest of the hardware is expecting.

it's important to replace it with one that is similar in spec. mostly the ohms should match what the rest of the hardware is expecting.
Yeah of course hence the needs more research comment but since you mention it you could actually use something with higher resistance and possibly lower depending on how many amps your PSU can provide (again all in the research part). I think the main issue is going to be the duty cycle of the solenoid/electromagnet, slap it in a TC2 gun and go full auto it may well overheat and cook it, you may need to add additional protection for it. Probably going off into project territory here...

The tc4 slide bracket is different and It wont drop into ant of the other tc guns. I researched quite a bit on the solenoid and cant find anything similar enough to make work but I'm no expert that's why I thought id ask on here because maybe someone else already went down the rabbit hole and found a solution but it seems like you may be correct in saying that I'll have to pay a premium because it is a tc4 specific solenoid. I did see those solenoid with brackets included on ali and I think that's what I'll buy. Hopefully the solenoid is as powerful as the original and it never hurts to have extra parts.

The tc4 slide bracket is different and It wont drop into ant of the other tc guns.
Yeah the entire solenoid is different as well, the way the slide mounts. Rather than screwing to the underside and proceeding round to the rear the early version is threaded at the front. You could possibly fettle the housing on older models and modify to fit but as I mentioned earlier that's heading into project territory. Sometimes it's just easier to go for the 'proper' part.

Back