What's new

vaanen

Beginner
Reaction score
Hey y'all ! I'm here because i'm doing some kind of "time travel" where i go back to 1990 and only play games in the order they came out without touching any recent games so i could be "blown away" each time with "new games" like i would back in the days. I came with this "weird" idea because one day, i had to send back my beefy GPU and i had to play on my 3DS for a long time. Then, when i booted my PS3, which i thought was horrible because it was "only" 720P with no AA most of the time and low graphics, i was completely blown away by how beautiful it was.

It's kinda like, if you eat good paté, you may find it fine, but as soon as you eat foie gras, everything else will be bland. But if after that someone forces you to eat dog food for a long time, paté will feel like the most divine thing in the world. Well, that's what i'm trying to accomplish, and i swear it works ! Takes some time, but after a while playing 1990/1991 game, you feel like you are back in time regarding to what's beautiful/advanced and what's not. And i always regretted that i missed some awesome retro game, and completely missed the whole Neo Geo universe, so with that "thing", i can almost enjoy the games like if i were playing during the 90's since i "forgot" what a recent game is like.

I was very interested in the Neo Geo, a console i never had the chance to get and saw Darksoft thread, so i'm all in !! I don't really like flashcart usually, i like the real thing, but man the prices of neo geo games are just through the roof and i will never get the money to play them. I mean, I was having a hard time knowing i would have to pay 300 bucks for Super Mario RPG one day, so 4000 for metal slug iscompletely out of my budget... But i don't want to "miss" this universe just because "i can't get the real thing", it would be pretty stupid so with darksoft flashcart i would still be able to discover Neo geo, and the system looks so awesome i can't wait

Last edited:
Neo-Geo is a very interesting system to go "time traveling in order" with, you can clearly see the progression/advancement with every cart generation.
By the end of the line the games have advanced so much, its hard to believe its the same CPU/GPU sometimes.

We move from something that looks only slightly better than Sega Genesis, to something that rivals the mighty CPS2 in many respects.

Yeah that's crazy, i try to avoid looking at recent games cause it highers my expectations, but man i saw the last KoF's that came out on it accidentaly and jesus christ, this console was released at the same time than the SNES/ Genesis !!!! How the hell is that possible haha ! It looks so sweet, i can't wait to get into the Neo Geo world :D

Last edited:
I hope that you are performing "time travel" correctly, with RGB and professional monitors... while we are at it.. could you please delivery a letter to my younger self back in 1990? I want him/me to avoid, like the plague, two girls in particular:).. thank you!

Haha yeah of course ! bought a very, very nice Sony Trinitron, special RGB cables from retrogamingcables and as soon as a find a Sony PVM 20L5, it's mine !

And no worries, just sent me a message through minitel and i'll do it xD

giphy.gif

Back