What's new
Item has been found

Alsmoneo

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

As the title suggests. I am looking to buy a TMNT Turtle's in Time PCB. Please PM me the price (please include shipping to Canada) and photo of the PCB.

Thanks

I've got a Turtles In Time PCB somewhere in a box, somewhere among 500 other PCBs. The board works and is in very good condition.
As for price, think of it as a Guru-donation for future MAME purchases. How much do you want to support me and MAME?
Send me your offer in a PM....

I've got a Turtles In Time PCB somewhere in a box, somewhere among 500 other PCBs. The board works and is in very good condition.
As for price, think of it as a Guru-donation for future MAME purchases. How much do you want to support me and MAME?
Do you have another one? lol

no only 1 Turtles In Time, but I have 499 others to pick from ;)

anyway, I'll give him a week to respond and if he doesn't make an offer you are next in line....

Cool. I have a TIT pcb now but it has lines in all of the sprites and since I never had any formal training in pcb repair I'm not sure where to begin.

I can probably help you to fix it.
first, did you do the MASK ROM check in the test mode?

Attachments

• tmnt2-check.jpg
    tmnt2-check.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
It's been awhile. Let me redo it tonight and get back to you. The only thing I hate is that it had work done on it before I got it and I have no idea what the issue was that was repaired before. I'll take some pictures also and open a repair thread elsewhere. Thanks!

thanks many or the offer man. I found the game Already.

With TiT, if you have lines through the sprites it is a bad/failing MASK rom. Even though it has an onboard rom test, the rom will still pass. It makes no sense at all but I've seen it 4 times now. Replace the mask rom with a 27C4100 or similar.

not necessarily. RAM is a common problem too and that is connected to ROM.
but that was the purpose of doing the device check in test mode.
the start-up check passes because those ROMs are not checked, but if they are bad the device check in test mode will tell you for sure.
never seen *ANY* board do a ROM test that had bad chips and pass.
have seen plenty that pass start-up checks and work with issues, and also plenty of test mode checks that pass. both of those are because the faulty IC wasn't tested.
I'm curious to know what games pass bad ROMs.... ?

So 7K and 7L both test bad. Do I need to replace both or could one be causing the other to test bad?

no need to guess. pull them and read with eprom programmer. then you will *know*

not necessarily. RAM is a common problem too and that is connected to ROM.
but that was the purpose of doing the device check in test mode.
the start-up check passes because those ROMs are not checked, but if they are bad the device check in test mode will tell you for sure.
never seen *ANY* board do a ROM test that had bad chips and pass.
have seen plenty that pass start-up checks and work with issues, and also plenty of test mode checks that pass. both of those are because the faulty IC wasn't tested.
I'm curious to know what games pass bad ROMs.... ?
Like I said, I have personally seen 4 TiT PCBs pass failing roms. That's why I said it sounds weird because it makes no sense at all but it's true.

Back