What's new
Mark your items as sold
I've got a Blast that I'm looking to swap out, but I'm working on replacing the tube (new one arriving Monday) as the last one gave up the ghost :( Aside from that its in decent shape. Located in MA, could drive it to NJ probably. Pic from before the tube moved on to a greener pasture.

IMG_20211215_205711.jpg

Last edited:
@tonyt76 If you don’t mind, please post what you end up trading your NAC for. I’m interested to know what it’d trade for these days.

In Sweden one was traded for a jubeat machine recently

@skate323k137 Why the Blast? Aesthetics or something else?
She really likes the sega candies in general, but we have been together about 10 years (married 5), and I got the blast not long after we met. She watched me clean it, work on it, and helped me with the monitor calibration (second set of eyes doing convergence strips). It's been with us since my old apartment, to our townhouse, and ultimately our (hopefully forever) house. Both of us loved arcades growing up, and she is quite fond to have a machine with proper monitor maintenance, working non-sticky buttons/coin mech., etc.

Also I let her pick her buttons/ball top on the 2P side, so I know this is her favorite cab 😀

Attachments

• 20220613_131253.jpg
    20220613_131253.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 108
Unless you really like the aesthetic, I wouldn't trade a NAC for an Aero, mainly because its monitor lacks a remote board and adjusting picture between boards is more involved. it also lacks a dedicated contrast adjust and horizontal width is on a coil (with limited/slow adjustment range) rather than a pot, with major horizontal width changes controlled by a jumper way back in the chassis (I wired a switch to this). Don't get me wrong, they're awesome cabs and I love mine but depending on your use case you may find it an intolerable downgrade from a NAC.

Unless you really like the aesthetic, I wouldn't trade a NAC for an Aero, mainly because its monitor lacks a remote board and adjusting picture between boards is more involved. it also lacks a dedicated contrast adjust and horizontal width is on a coil rather than a pot, with major horizontal width changes controlled by a jumper way back in the chassis (I wired a switch to this). Don't get me wrong, they're awesome cabs and I love mine but depending on your use case you may find it an intolerable downgrade from a NAC.
Thanks! These are all all annoying things that I wasn't aware of :)

If you plan to say stick a multi in it and leave it alone you can disregard all that. I think I'm going to put CPS1, CPS2, and modbios G-net in mine on a JAMMA switcher as they all have nearly identical monitor settings.

Back