What's new

JamesRolfe

Student
Reaction score
I have a 4 player TiT board but neither the player 1 or 2 coin buttons work, so I can’t add credits. I have tried tmnt, the simpsons, sunset riders boards in same set up and coin buttons work. I’m running through an supergun. Has anyone had the same issue or know how to fix. FYI I am new to this.

Regards

James

If you provide the supergun model you're using it may help, although coin 1 & 2 are standard JAMMA connections so this shouldn't be the issue. I don't have a Konami board so I'm going by the manuals. If you check the game manual it specifically cautions against wiring coin counters to coin 1 and 2 as it could damage an IO chip 74LS253 (may have happened prior to you owning it). You would need a logic probe to test the chip. https://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals-videogames/T/TurtlesInTime.pdf

It doesn't look like there is a free play mode in the service menu to get around the need for coins. Might not hurt to go into the service menu and set it back to factory settings, save and exit, test again.

If you provide the supergun model you're using it may help, although coin 1 & 2 are standard JAMMA connections so this shouldn't be the issue. I don't have a Konami board so I'm going by the manuals. If you check the game manual it specifically cautions against wiring coin counters to coin 1 and 2 as it could damage an IO chip 74LS253 (may have happened prior to you owning it). You would need a logic probe to test the chip. https://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals-videogames/T/TurtlesInTime.pdf

It doesn't look like there is a free play mode in the service menu to get around the need for coins. Might not hurt to go into the service menu and set it back to factory settings, save and exit, test again.
Hi Everten

Thanks for your message. I have a retroelectronik pro gamer supergun. Yes I read the same message in the manual earlier about the coin counters. Stupid question, but coin counters are a separate device the clock up the amount of coins put in right?

My work around so far has been to go into the menu and set to max lives and max credits. Gives me like 54 lives in total. So works but not ideal. I will however try the factory reset and let you know.

Thanks James

Have you gotten in the 74LS253 chips and tested?

I recently got Turtles in Time at auction "untested," and thankfully everything works except the P1/P2 coin mechanisms. I also tested my cab with Sunset Riders and Simpsons Arcade and have no issues with the P1/P2 coin mechanisms, so I have to assume it's a similar issue.

Have you gotten in the 74LS253 chips and tested?

I recently got Turtles in Time at auction "untested," and thankfully everything works except the P1/P2 coin mechanisms. I also tested my cab with Sunset Riders and Simpsons Arcade and have no issues with the P1/P2 coin mechanisms, so I have to assume it's a similar issue.
Hi nitelich

No I’m still waiting on the chips. Will probably be a job for the new year now. But the more I think about it, I’m pretty sure the chip went bad, likelihood was it was connected to the coin counter.
FYI I have also ordered the 2 player roms which I will switch out. But I doubt that will fix it.

I will post my results

Regards

James

No worries. I've took the coin counters out of my cab for Turtles, and the 3/4P coins still work.

I don't think I'll get to ordering ICs until the New Year, anyway. So I've got the thread on watch for when there are updates. :)

No worries. I've took the coin counters out of my cab for Turtles, and the 3/4P coins still work.

I don't think I'll get to ordering ICs until the New Year, anyway. So I've got the thread on watch for when there are updates. :)
As it happens the 2 player roms came today. I installed but as suspected no change to the coin button issue. Just waiting on the ICs now.

As it happens the 2 player roms came today. I installed but as suspected no change to the coin button issue. Just waiting on the ICs now.
Hi nitelich

I have had a breakthrough of sorts. So I played with the settings again now that the 2 player roms are installed. Go to test mode, coin options and set to free play. Save and exit. I also set to 1 credit 1 life (but you can configure to what you want). But free play is crucial. Player 1 start and player 2 start buttons function as regular coins buttons both work. So a work around. I tried this last time with my 4 player roms installed but didn’t work. So depends on your set up. I’m still planning on installing the ICs in due course. I assume you have a 4 player cab?

Regards

James

Yes, I have a 4P cab. Right now, I'm fine playing as just P3/P4. Seems that the previous owner probably had it in a 2P cab so only fried the P1/P2 coin IC (assuming that is the issue we're having).

I might set freeplay if I need to allow all 4 players, but also I'll eventually have time to replace the 74LS253. We'll see how things play out, there.

Back