What's new

64MK

Professional
Reaction score
So I'm doing some search and it seems like the Taito Type X hardware is just a PC and hard drives as the game "carts." - COOL, I think. Might be fun to mess with after I load a PC into it.

However, I'm noticing a lot of people with "multi games" and it looks like it's just Windows LTSC and Atract mode loaded with pirated games. Is there any advantage at all to doing than just playing games via Steam and other means?

So I'm doing some search and it seems like the Taito Type X hardware is just a PC and hard drives as the game "carts." - COOL, I think. Might be fun to mess with after I load a PC into it.

However, I'm noticing a lot of people with "multi games" and it looks like it's just Windows LTSC and Atract mode loaded with pirated games. Is there any advantage at all to doing than just playing games via Steam and other means?
How can be used Taito Type X for other purposes than what was designed for ? Do you intend to play other games on Steam beside the games what are released on Taito Type X1 ?

No, they would be 2 different setups.

Well, all the last 15yrs arcade hardware is based on a pc.
Multi's are great for many reasons, you still keep the original harware where they were supposed to be played first.
If you have the arcade cabinets, some are essentials to have (for example a Lindbergh multi if you have a shooter cabinet) but some not so much, example TTx2 for Ultra Street Fighter 4 it' useless compared to the pc version (where you can actually play with others)

There is something about being able to “coin up” and play the exact games the exact way they were meant to be played in Japan.

Most games made over the past 15yrs had better, more feature rich home console releases. It’s probably part of the reason the arcades have been in decline.

Yup, if you don’t care about the authenticity, then you can play steam, ps4, switch, whatever you like. I think that was your original intent with buying a chewlix anyways.

I have wondered if there is the possibility of loading mame games in the taito type x (not x2) to play the classics at 15khz 🤔

I have wondered if there is the possibility of loading mame games in the taito type x (not x2) to play the classics at 15khz 🤔
Honestly forgot I posted this thread and am now re-treading my old posts because I now have an X4.

With that said, I've seen some 4:3 optimized images. You just have to look.

Back