What's new

shifter

Beginner
Reaction score
Does anybody know how to get surround sound working? I have a battle gear 4 cab that I've replaced the original x+ system with a normal pc and I've managed to get everything working apart from surround sound. as soon as i select anything other than stereo battle gear refuses to load. If i select 5.1 in windows i can test the amp and speakers and they all work fine? I have even tried with the original sb live that was in the x+ pc but that made no difference.

Thanks for any help

IIRC Type-X Plus uses a separate Audio card instead of the On Board Audio,

I would venture a guess that card is needed to get surround sound. Did you swap that card over when you swapped to a PC?

yeah i tried it with the new motherboards onboard audio and the sb live 24 from the original type x+ pc and it made no difference :(

Is this the board you need

I also want this board to make a sound

Attachments

• 微信图片_20210612192654.jpg
    微信图片_20210612192654.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 73
Does this board need Type X system to run
The DSP is also connected and then the input is via optical fiber, but there is no sound

Attachments

• 微信图片_20210619231051.jpg
    微信图片_20210619231051.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 80
Is this the board you need

I also want this board to make a sound
Pretty sure that is the same board in the cab, it's inputs are hooked in via 3 stereo jacks from the pc to the thr rca inputs on that amp board.

It's a long shot but it might be that the game is coded to work with the way a specific driver functions on the original disk image/OS. Updating to Windows 7, the driver might work differently and the game attemps to do surround sound the way it was coded and it just doesn't work that way with the newer Windows 7 driver on the original card.
this has crossed my mind as well......
The problem i have is i want to move away from this old hardware eventually and buy new kit to go in which obviously is going to struggle with xp drivers etc

So it seems the original cabs are only set to stereo as well ?

Attachments

• 20210625_100920.jpg
    20210625_100920.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 80
I think I'm going to try the spdif next and see what I get, the original cab is hooked up with three stereo jack's to RCA and yet still seems to be outputting 6 channels regardless of what Windows thinks?

I think I'm going to try the spdif next and see what I get, the original cab is hooked up with three stereo jack's to RCA and yet still seems to be outputting 6 channels regardless of what Windows thinks?
I always try to connect the ordinary PC and then the CPU indicator on the AMP flashes, which should be controlled or driven by software
I plugged in the RCA and there was no sound
Get the AMP control driver first

TAITOTYPEX zero system to extract the driver control program
I don't have a TaitotypeX Zero system

Ok so i've messed around with the optical connectors on the board and still only seem to get stereo output. I cam across a bg4 walkthrough which quotes this:

With highly improved graphics in a SVGA resolution of 800*600 and the support
of Dolby Digital 5.1 TX surround sound system (TM) which is for Taito's
exclusive use only, Battle Gear 4 enhances the gameplay, and features both
Japanese and European domestic and racing cars.

Maybe explains why 'standard' surround setups seem to fail ?

Has anybody who writes code had a poke through romhacks bg4 loader source ? he made a directsound wrapper to make all the sound play through stereo speakers, wonder if it can be adapted to work with bg4 audio ?

Back