What's new
Thank you so Much it looks like I have some work to do.

if you search around the net you can "find" a key that removes the 30 day limit on Windows 7 Embedded

So ill give you all my quick and Dirty PC setup guide

1:
install windows Any version docent matter use those special keys that you can google.

2::
Once you popped into the desktop Fire up internet explorer Go to www.ninite.com
Choose to install all the tools you need for Gerenal PC setup and use. such as
WinRar ,k-light codex pack, teamviwer NotePad ++ Chrome, Stream Ninite installs it all with 1 button press for lazy people.

3: google "all in one runtimes" This will install every MS runtime file and .net Version with 1 button press its amazing
3a: get your graphics card driver.

4: Once you have windows setup Go to download whatever games you want then go to control panel mouse options turn on find mouse with the "control" key highlight
then disable UAC if 7,

5: Download and run "instant sheller" Set the shell application to whatever you like or your front-end of choice once thats complete turn on EWF Id recommend however, making bat files for turning EWF on and off for Fututre USE

6:: Download Resource hacker. then follow this guide on another PC
http://www.askvg.com/how-to-remove-...utton-from-windows-vista-and-7-login-screens/
Tldr Take the drive out of the arcade, find and edit the basebrd.dll then replace the one form your ArcadeDrive with the one you modified.

7:: profit????

Additional Side notes, I would store game data on D:/ just so EWF dosent have to be disabled to install an update, same with the frontend
you do not need a C: E: D: when dealing with the "dumps" there are save "hooks" however it is recommend because some games are very iffy

"""""Also Im sure this doesnt work or everyone would do it but if I take the type x2 multi rc2 .img and put it on a hd. What would stop it from booting on my computer that is similarly specd to a x2?""""

Kind Of triggered by this, with out a jvs io board attached none of the games will work period nor will nikos multi AND on top of it, the X2 windows install is so old it wont have proper drivers for none of your hardware

the exact flip-side if you build a stable version of windows with a real jvs io attached YES you can straight up copy the multi and games and they will run both of these where said before.
Wow thanks for the guide! :thumbsup:

So in theory if you can find the io card you have a good chance of getting something working...

There's been a few dead X2's on YAJ recently with PSU's/Video cards etc. missing that went cheaply (and the case wouild be handy for my MAME PC).

if you search around the net you can "find" a key that removes the 30 day limit on Windows 7 Embedded

So ill give you all my quick and Dirty PC setup guide

1:
install windows Any version docent matter use those special keys that you can google.

2::
Once you popped into the desktop Fire up internet explorer Go to www.ninite.com
Choose to install all the tools you need for Gerenal PC setup and use. such as
WinRar ,k-light codex pack, teamviwer NotePad ++ Chrome, Stream Ninite installs it all with 1 button press for lazy people.

3: google "all in one runtimes" This will install every MS runtime file and .net Version with 1 button press its amazing
3a: get your graphics card driver.

4: Once you have windows setup Go to download whatever games you want then go to control panel mouse options turn on find mouse with the "control" key highlight
then disable UAC if 7,

5: Download and run "instant sheller" Set the shell application to whatever you like or your front-end of choice once thats complete turn on EWF Id recommend however, making bat files for turning EWF on and off for Fututre USE

6:: Download Resource hacker. then follow this guide on another PC
http://www.askvg.com/how-to-remove-...utton-from-windows-vista-and-7-login-screens/
Tldr Take the drive out of the arcade, find and edit the basebrd.dll then replace the one form your ArcadeDrive with the one you modified.

7:: profit????

Additional Side notes, I would store game data on D:/ just so EWF dosent have to be disabled to install an update, same with the frontend
you do not need a C: E: D: when dealing with the "dumps" there are save "hooks" however it is recommend because some games are very iffy

"""""Also Im sure this doesnt work or everyone would do it but if I take the type x2 multi rc2 .img and put it on a hd. What would stop it from booting on my computer that is similarly specd to a x2?""""

Kind Of triggered by this, with out a jvs io board attached none of the games will work period nor will nikos multi AND on top of it, the X2 windows install is so old it wont have proper drivers for none of your hardware

the exact flip-side if you build a stable version of windows with a real jvs io attached YES you can straight up copy the multi and games and they will run both of these where said before.
Thanks for the guide. I will be building a PC soon and I was wondering if I do decide to NOT go with a fast I/O card, will I be at a disadvantage when it comes to input delay (more than 1 frame) using loaders and such?

Last edited:
Im looking to do something similar. But it’s soon to be 2024 and I wonder if there are better options. I own a Namco noir with 2 brook board fusions in the control panel. I have a lg monitor 1440p 120hz. I have a series x in there. And I’m about to add a pc.

I want my pc to boot into a front end like the type x or similar without having to use my keyboard.

@srtten You can run the TTX3 multi on a regular PC...
There is a discord you can join for more info/support.

Back