What's new

deejay

Beginner
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a UMK3 cab and the game has no problem taking credits, however when losing a game it does not register a credit is used on the continue screen, so it will essentially be in free play after putting in a few quarters. I used both dipswitch and cmos credit setings and even factory reset settings but it still does not want to use credits to continue. My test switch/volume control and credits buttons are removed for some reason and the little counter under the coin box is not working. The rom check shows the game is working and nothing else seems wrong with the game so is it a bad board or could it be the cabinet hardware or something else?

Ill try that usually I have the one for no attract sound on. Ill try it later today and let you know.

Love the topic title man 🤣
this deserves a cry laughing Like. I've never seen a board where there's only 4 options for those. :(

to @deejay are you using free play? I think the credits will stick this way. I personally set the dipswitch to use CMOS Coinage, then you can make your adjustments in the menus. you can find the exact switch by going into test mode -> Diagnostics -> Dip Switch Test. once you've set that, then you can go back to the main screen and then go into Game Adjustments -> Free Play and set that to ON. to clear the excess credits go back to the main screen and then go into Utilities -> Clear Credits.

I couldn't waste the opportunity to spell it properly lmao

But back to the issue at hand, I set all dips to off and for the first continue it worked properly, but then it wasn't using credits again. The good news is I fixed the issue, but im not sure how exactly. I was busy messing with the test menu did the dipswitch test, cleared credits, factory reset and messed with every game setting there was, but I think it might've been switching the option that lets you change game mode after continue. It is a little bit annoying having to go back to the games main menu just to rematch after every game, but this has been such a massive headache fixing this issue that I'll just live with it instead of messing with it more. Thanks guys I appreciate the support!

Back