What's new
For Sale

Battlesmurf

Grand Master
Reaction score
Korean board initially, sound system is now the japan equivalent. Works great.

$650 tracked, insured//sig confirmation in the USA. (minor price bump due to changing shipping courier)

Attachments

• IMG_6324.jpg
    IMG_6324.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_6325.jpg
    IMG_6325.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_6326.jpg
    IMG_6326.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_6327.jpg
    IMG_6327.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Korean board initially, sound system is now the japan equivalent. Works great. $625 shippped. (what I have into it + shipping).
curious about the differences in components between korean and japanese ones.

Is it just a replacement of some components to proper ones in terms of brand, values.... or there are some unpopulated/different circuit in korean one?

Btw, glws

curious about the differences in components between korean and japanese ones.

Is it just a replacement of some components to proper ones in terms of brand, values.... or there are some unpopulated/different circuit in korean one?

Btw, glws
Amp, caps, mild bits. Sounds a bit cleaner now- but I'm terribly picky so there's that.

Some pics would help generate a sale!

Do you still have to original EPROMs?
Pics up!

IIRC they're on there- don't recall for sure either way. This might have been an Alpha from the jump- I don't remember for sure.

Hello @Battlesmurf

Please read the following guideline about listing in this marketplace:

Rule 1: Begin the subject of your sale thread with a suffix. For example, if you are simply selling an item you should use the suffix 'For Sale:' or 'FS:'

Thanks so much and let me know if you have any more questions about marketplace policy.

Hey Battlesmurf! I am new to the forum, so hello all! I am interested in this game as its classic beat em up. I live in UK, would you send it there?
Thanks and have a good day!

Pretty sure that’s a Korean bootleg.
I was offered one for £150 back in January. Clue is the un-keyed jamma connector.

Hey Zx48k! I checked the pics against Google and those boards look very same except diff connector. What you think?

that looks like a real m92 board to me, and he even swapped out the leaky elna caps on the sound section, it seems. if you take a closer look u can see the jamma edge is keyed

I think there's been enough debate over the years that always ends in the Korean ones are legit that we don't need to go those rounds /again/.

Should've snatched it up for 150, because that's a great deal.

I stand by what I said. It’s not original. No silkscreen. No key. Low quality parts. No shiny Irem serial sticker ( my fav bit). But hey what do I know. I’m not debating, those are facts.

I stand by what I said. It’s not original. No silkscreen. No key. Low quality parts. No shiny Irem serial sticker ( my fav bit). But hey what do I know. I’m not debating, those are facts.
It is original. It is keyed. Without going over the same song and dance as above- korean boards were produced in korea to spec. This one took the same exact sound parts as the US/JPN board. It already has Nanao chips/etc- definitely not a bootleg.

I appreciate the bump though!

FYI- I've seen a lot of bootlegs and done a lot of research regarding regions- while there are boots out there, this isn't one. Thank you for the input!

The board has silkscreen, and a keyed JAMMA connector. You can identify that it is a keyed JAMMA edge by looking at it, and observing that it has a keyed edge more closely noticing that it's been slotted by hand so sure enough that's Korea for you oops. It has legitimate Nanao parts as well. I'm sorry that the shiny Irem sticker is your favorite bit of Undercover Cops Alpha Renewal.

Boards manufactured in Korea tend to be cost-reduced, so you can see it has been changed to a two-layer PCB with a layout adjustment accordingly. Some "not strictly necessary" parts have been bypassed as well, like the filters on the JAMMA edge. This is typical and the Irem boards are no exception to the trend. Look at a Korean Sorcer Striker or any international Lady Killer PCB.

Last edited:
The board has silkscreen, and a keyed JAMMA connector. You can identify that it is a keyed JAMMA edge by looking at it, and observing that it has a keyed edge.

It does look like it's been hand cut, I'll give him that.

Otherwise, agreed.

More pics.

Attachments

• IMG_6442.JPG
    IMG_6442.JPG
    305.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_6443.JPG
    IMG_6443.JPG
    272.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_6444.JPG
    IMG_6444.JPG
    183.8 KB · Views: 64