What's new
I may be wrong but i only counted 42pin socket on the programmer so not sure where the 56pin is coming from. Unless they are saying it can do IC's that have 56pins with an adapter.
Check the 4th pic in ali link of @Stwert's post. Looks like a 48pin socket + 8 aux pins from a side connector.

I dunno why it would be called a T56 if it didn't have 56 pins. But I know nothing about it.

Question about the T56, does it have open source software?

@DarthMig yeah there's a second connector for extra pins since DIP56 sockets don't exist.
Question about the T56, does it have open source software?
Open source or not there's always a way.
Those bastards at Dataman wouldn't add a device I know could be supported. I made a request and the fallacious answer I got is it would made no sense to be supported on a multi socket programmer since it's such a small device. Instead they sent me a quote for a new single socket programmer worth close to £1000...
I ended up RE their software and device database format. The only thing is database is linked to the software version so I had to remove an other device and replace it with my new device. I choose to remove one of the multiple 27Cxxxx equivalent.

Fact is at work more than often "it's not possible" means either "we don't know how to do it" or "we don't want to do it".
This good sir, eloquently put statement is a stark testament to the root of conflict in just about any walk of life. You don't know how true this is. I find myself in political struggles in my professional life because of just this phenomenon. You can add to that:
  • "I am not comfortable with that."
  • "Because we've never done this before."
  • "This is how the process works."
  • "It's not in my porfolio."
  • "This isn't my job."
  • "Reach out to this person."
These statements are always preceded with, an acknoledging compliment of some sort, "I know you've done lots of xxxxxxx." or "I know you know alot about xxxxxxxxx." Too bad in today's political world, we can't respond to "we don't know how to do it" or "we don't want to do it" with "You're a fucken pussy!"

Ok, back on topic. BTW, I burned two Universe BIOS 4.0's this week. 2-of-3 of my 4-slots had 27C1024 EPROM's, so I had no qualms about erasing them and loading them with the Unibios. The 3rd one had a mask rom for a BIOS so I'll keep that OG. Making an order for coin cell holders on Digikey so I can keep the changes in memory using the Unibios. I don't have a multi yet for the MVS, so Universe BIOS for now works for me.

remember to remove the charging resistor so you dont blow your coincell's up! :D

OK I see, Thanks for the info. @Apocalypse for this new TL56 programmer the listing for it on ebay they have a timeline of features to be added and one of them is the ability For User Added Chip.

Attachments

• 2020-04-17 16_13_50-XGecu T56 Programmer 56 Pin Drivers for 20000+ ICs Nor Flash _ NAND Flash ...png
    2020-04-17 16_13_50-XGecu T56 Programmer 56 Pin Drivers for 20000+ ICs Nor Flash _ NAND Flash ...png
    25.2 KB · Views: 202
The T56 looks like a tempting upgrade coming from a Top3000, would be curious to hear if anyone has put one through its paces yet.

@kuze I think its pretty new so nobody really has one yet. But i am also curious to see how well it work and so on.

@acblunden2 am I a DIY extremist? :D

Fact is at work more than often "it's not possible" means either "we don't know how to do it" or "we don't want to do it".
Thank god, I’m not the only one who doesn’t really believe in “it’s not possible”, if I learned anything from my days as an engineer, it’s that few things actually aren’t possible in the end.

The wife’s forever giving me grief when I go on a rant about something - which I invariably end up doing myself. Such as when 3 “engineers”, the manufacturer of my smart thermostat and the manufacturer of my boiler, said it wasn’t possible to use a smart thermostat with my boiler. Can’t, my arse, it’s been working lovely for several years now.

… few things actually aren’t possible in the end.
... which I invariably end up doing myself
Can’t, my arse, it’s been working lovely for several years now.
That's the spirit! :thumbup:

What's the cheapest programmer if I want to burn it myself and learn a new skill while I'm at it? I know the burned uni-bios can be had on Jamma Nation X for $15 shipped. But if a cheap programmer can be had that isn't too expensive, maybe I should get a programmer for future use? Any guides around on how to program 27c1024?

the 27c1024 ones can be writed like any other eeprom sir . you need a programmer who is able to write 40pins eeproms (the cheapest method is a cheap programmer who is able to do this)

I've read & learned more helpful infos from this theard .

Thank for you for that link. I will read up on it.

I may be wrong but i only counted 42pin socket on the programmer so not sure where the 56pin is coming from. Unless they are saying it can do IC's that have 56pins with an adapter.
It has an extra connector at the top (or is it the bottom? It's confusing the socket is upside down compared to the writtings) to increase pin count.

Back