What's new
So, is there a way to use the jammaizer and wiiflow to autoboot Tatsunoko vs Capcom upon power up?

Also, any plug and play solution for controls so I can keep Naomi hooked up and also use the wii without physically changing any controls connections?

Not familiar with wiiflow so I can't comment on that. As far as the controls go, as long as you're running a jamma setup there's no need to physically rewire anything. What is needed for any console would be a controller PCB (I'm guessing something that supports Gamecube should work assuming your Wii has those ports) set up for the 20 pin standard, run the controller cable to the console and that should be it. Jammaizer is designed to pass the controller inputs through the harness and into your PCB of choice, without any wiring changes.

I've been wanting to play TvC through the Jammaizer so I'll give it a shot soon and confirm if the Brook Retro board can work in this setup.

That's encouraging and thanks for sharing your results. I don't own a PAL Wii, so I'll likely need to get creative in terms of getting compatible video out of my NTSC console.

@JohnRambo'sKnife this is a jamma device by design. In your case for a JVS system you may need to explore other options to pass through console controls or maybe a GC pad hack of some sort and bypass the JVS setup altogether.

Is it at all possible that our two units have different components installed, compared to the OG Jammaizers BOM?
Apologies, I have been traveling and out of the loop.

Arthrimus built his JAMMAizer and tested it on a New Net City. His factory settings for JAMMAizer specified 475ohms on each of the RGB pots for which he said he felt that setting should work for "most" monitors. I used the same components that Arthrimus used. All the JAMMAizers I made perform exactly the same as the original unit I received from Arthrimus. I performed my validations on the units I fabbed on an Nanao MS9. I tested this before I sent them out.

As an aside, I also have SCART2ARC3 and JAMMACON, two different console adapters. They all drive the Nanao MS9 differently. SCART2ARC3 has no ability to perform tuning and is waaaaaaaay overdriven. I have to calibrate the monitor if using SCART2ARC3. While JAMMACON can turn brightness and contrast on the console adapter, which is why I like JAMMACON's video amp design so much. Still some monitor calibration is needed for JAMMACON, although I tend to be forgiving as it is not that bad and don't want to recalibrate the monitor when using JAMMACON.

Bottom line, there was no reference standard for JAMMA video. Furthermore:
  • Each monitor is different.
  • Even every single arcade PCB has its own impedance levels
For instance, even if you plug in a CPS3 into a cab tuned for a CPS2, you will have to perform some monitor calibration. If your goals were to plug JAMMAizer into your primary cab which is tuned for CPS2 video levels and not have to recalibrate your monitor, I don't think that is possible. And I hate to say it, but welcome to the hobby.

I've officially finalized the Console JAMMAizer V2 hardware. I have prototypes on order and if the new revision tests ok then I'll have a small batch for sale in a few weeks.
74ed278bfcc045d3892bd50976d87f1e.png

The V2 hardware streamlines some aspects of the design, and adds some new features and compatibility fixes.

• Change from Atmega16 to Atmega169. The additional I/O pins allowed me to eliminate the second MCU for Home/Select emulation, and also adds support for remapping B7 and B8.
  • Input switch for SCART/EXT_IN port. This helps improve the compatibility of VGA inputs through the EXT_IN port. In the original design, EXT_IN was routed through the decoupling caps exactly the same as the SCART input. Some monitor chassis' don't respond well to this and it causes brightness fluctuations and contrast issues. The switch and changes to the routing of the video circuit allows the EXT_IN signals to bypass the decoupling caps.
  • The RCA jacks for the stereo audio output has been changed for a 3.5mm stereo jack. This change makes space for the video input switch, and also offers a more sturdy connector for audio output. The RCA jacks that the original design were not very sturdy, and I did have a report of one of those jacks breaking when a cable was inserted.
  • The JST NH connectors for the AUXILIARY HARNESS inputs have been swapped for JST XH connectors. It seems like XH connectors and cables are much more ubiquitous, so I figured it would make more sense to switch.
That's pretty much it for the changes on the V2 hardware. This version will be much easier for me to manufacture compared to the original design, so I'll be able to keep them in stock much more often, which has been a major hurdle for me over the years. I will follow up with more updates as I get closer to release.

I've officially finalized the Console JAMMAizer V2 hardware. I have prototypes on order and if the new revision tests ok then I'll have a small batch for sale in a few weeks.

The V2 hardware streamlines some aspects of the design, and adds some new features and compatibility fixes.

• Change from Atmega16 to Atmega169. The additional I/O pins allowed me to eliminate the second MCU for Home/Select emulation, and also adds support for remapping B7 and B8.
  • Input switch for SCART/EXT_IN port. This helps improve the compatibility of VGA inputs through the EXT_IN port. In the original design, EXT_IN was routed through the decoupling caps exactly the same as the SCART input. Some monitor chassis' don't respond well to this and it causes brightness fluctuations and contrast issues. The switch and changes to the routing of the video circuit allows the EXT_IN signals to bypass the decoupling caps.
  • The RCA jacks for the stereo audio output has been changed for a 3.5mm stereo jack. This change makes space for the video input switch, and also offers a more sturdy connector for audio output. The RCA jacks that the original design were not very sturdy, and I did have a report of one of those jacks breaking when a cable was inserted.
  • The JST NH connectors for the AUXILIARY HARNESS inputs have been swapped for JST XH connectors. It seems like XH connectors and cables are much more ubiquitous, so I figured it would make more sense to switch.
That's pretty much it for the changes on the V2 hardware. This version will be much easier for me to manufacture compared to the original design, so I'll be able to keep them in stock much more often, which has been a major hurdle for me over the years. I will follow up with more updates as I get closer to release.
Hello @Arthrimus … brother @kikaso want a proto v2 ✌🏻 Also need to get one psx adapter to use on Has supergun with an psx stick i have ✌🏻

Since the footprint is largely unchanged, any thoughts on creating an hat for the DE-10 Nano for the MiSTer dudes? DirectVideo conversion would performed on the hat, then sent down through the EXT_IN connection for amplification of video and audio. Conceivably, P1 and P2 controls could be added to the hat using something like the Daeonbite Encoder.

Since the footprint is largely unchanged, any thoughts on creating an hat for the DE-10 Nano for the MiSTer dudes? DirectVideo conversion would performed on the hat, then sent down through the EXT_IN connection for amplification of video and audio. Conceivably, P1 and P2 controls could be added to the hat using something like the Daeonbite Encoder.
I did not change the location of the EXT port or the controller ports so a hat for Mister could be made and would be compatible with the V1 and V2 JAMMAizers. I am not super interested in developing something like that myself since I don't have a Mister and there are already arcade products that were tailor made for the Mister.

Prototypes of the V2 JAMMAizer arrived this afternoon. I spent all evening assembling, testing and programming the new firmware for the remapping chip. I can happily report that the prototypes passed with flying colors and the V2 design is fully validated and ready for sale. I have 10 of the prototype batch that I'll be putting up on my website tomorrow at 12:00PM CST after that I'll have another batch being made that should be available a few weeks later. This new revision no longer has the option to purchase without the remapping chip, but the good news is that due to the change to the ATMEGA169 SMD variant I have been able to cut cost and assembly time such that the base price will now include the remapping chip instead of having to purchase it as an add on like the V1 JAMMAizer.

WIN_20240410_23_14_10_Pro.jpg

A few notes on testing. This updated design added an input switch for the SCART and EXT_IN port. This allowed me to fix issues with DC coupled sources from the VGA Hat. I have tested a number of VGA sources with the V2 and can report that the overly bright, bloomy image that some were getting when connecting PCs to the original JAMMAizer have been completely eliminated. The VGA Hat is now properly DC coupled, and the SCART port is still properly AC coupled. This is the best outcome I was hoping for with this revision.

Also note that the new remapping chip can now remap the Button 7 and 8 inputs from the Auxiliary Harness inputs. On the V1 JAMMAizer this was not possible because the ATMEGA16 did not have enough I/O pins available, but now with the ATMEGA169 chip I had plenty of I/O to allow remapping of all 8 inputs and outputs.

I've been asked if I will be restocking the MC Cthulhu EZ PCBs again, and the answer is yes. I don't have any available right now, but I definitely will by the time the second round of V2 JAMMAizers is here in a few weeks.

I'm very happy to finally have this done. I know a lot of people have been waiting a long time for this, and I am thankful for everyone's patience. I really hope that the updates I have made will be beneficial to everyone, and help me to keep these available much more often.

Last edited:
Back