What's new

biggestsonicfan

Professional
Reaction score
These are the Virtua Fighter 1 monitor brackets I just got in the mail.

LESSON: Ask before you buy! Condition, more pictures, how used, etc...

RESOLUTION: Contacted them via the "Contact Us" page. They admitted they should have seen how it looked on the site before shipping it out and said that it had accumulated rust in their shop. Offered a full refund but I agreed that part of the fault was also mine for not asking, so I asked for a half refund. Very satisfied now!

First, what they showed on their site (thanks to Google cache for a mirror of the page before it was removed from their store because I bought it):

Description:
Original Sega Virtua Fighter upright arcade game monitor mounting bracket set. Includes the three long brackets used to mount a monitor in a dedicated Virtua Fighter upright arcade game. See pictures for more details.
0019749-virtua-fighter-monitor-brackets.jpg

Now, the nitty gritty that was conveniently left out of their description.
IMG_4873 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4874 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4875 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4876 (Medium).JPG

There was not a single mention of "used", though I suspected it was lightly due to the posted picture, or any type of rust. This went directly against their "Shipping & Returns" page info: "we do our best to describe any wear and provide pictures for each item we sell"...

I bought these to replace my, what I thought were very, rusted monitor brackets. Turns out my monitor brackets are less rusted than these ones.

Very disappointed. Very pissed off. $35 for the set and $25.20 shipping.

UPDATE: See top for update.

Last edited:
Sorry man, thats super shitty. I appreciate the honest feedback. This helps me and potential other buyers.
Ah well. What will most likely happen is I referb them and make them look as good as I can and resell them to recoup the losses.

Back