What's new
For Sale
My Sega Pras3's literally came with decent consumer grade PCs in them.
Yeah I've heard they're decent, but they're also several generations newer than what's in a typical Vewlix. I'd just turn it into a Steam box though lol.

I love how much modern arcade cabs are simply PC architecture now, personally - less emulation, better hardware options, and better future preservation.
I mean, I guess? I dunno, the genre I really care about, fighting games, there's zero reason to care about the arcade versions. The home ports are all superior. The days of the arcade version being better are gone, half the time the input lag in the arcade is worse. It's kinda wack to me.

The only modern arcade games that are interesting to me really are specialized control style games. Like rhythm or driving games, something where you can only get the experience with real hardware. I just don't actually play either one more than super casually.

When arcades went to PC hardware for me it marked the end of my interest in the hobby's future.
This. I enjoy having my Vewlixes, they're nice to have. We play all the other, older games on candies, it's nice to have cabs for the modern games to make it all fit together. But it's just the emotional side of my hobby fixation, there's not much practical benefit anymore. I run a PC with Steam, we play the best version of the games, and it's all fun. Just not particularly "arcade".

Yeah I've heard they're decent, but they're also several generations newer than what's in a typical Vewlix. I'd just turn it into a Steam box though lol.

I mean, I guess? I dunno, the genre I really care about, fighting games, there's zero reason to care about the arcade versions. The home ports are all superior. The days of the arcade version being better are gone, half the time the input lag in the arcade is worse. It's kinda wack to me.
Yep, turned mine into a Steam box with a 5 minute mod, it's by far the best use.

And yeah, with how much love the PC platform has been getting, arcade versions can't compete nor am I all that interested. It's nice to know if you want the arcade versions to run on your windows box you can do that too though.

Besides dropping coins in, that's "arcade" enough for me... and I'll take the added perks like online play & networked 4player.

Back