What's new

chriszhxi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm wondering if it's possible to mount Toei TC-L292 on the frame of Toshiba tube and use it in astro city, also the cable seems different from nanao ms9, is it possible to make a adapter cable?

Complete monitor with tube?

It will definitely fit the frame, since it's the same size. However, the tube face has a different curvature so it probably won't fit the Astro bezel perfectly.

Adapters for power, video input and degauss can be made. You just need the correct connectors. On an Astro everything terminates to a 15-pin AMP UP connector. Pinout for it is here:

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/images/4/49/Ms9pinout.png

Complete monitor with tube?

It will definitely fit the frame, since it's the same size. However, the tube face has a different curvature so it probably won't fit the Astro bezel perfectly.

Adapters for power, video input and degauss can be made. You just need the correct connectors. On an Astro everything terminates to a 15-pin AMP UP connector. Pinout for it is here:

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/images/4/49/Ms9pinout.png
Sorry, I mean pairing Toei chassis with a Toshiba A68KJU96X tube and use it in astro city. Is it compatible?

That won't work sadly, the Toei L292 yoke measures about 0.94Lh-ish whereas the Nanao expects about 1/3rd that, you'll damage the chassis in other words.

If you have the original tube/yoke these are commonly paired with, the Orion A68KTB-something. I've actually had success dropping one of these in an Astro 2. Just had to back mount it.

No gaps by the way, same curvature.

Reactions: nem
If you have the original tube/yoke these are commonly paired with, the Orion A68KTB-something.

Most Japanese cabs that have L292 come with LG Philips. While I haven't actually tried it, just by eyeballing it, the curvature looks different.

YMMV.

That won't work sadly, the Toei L292 yoke measures about 0.94Lh-ish whereas the Nanao expects about 1/3rd that, you'll damage the chassis in other words.

If you have the original tube/yoke these are commonly paired with, the Orion A68KTB-something. I've actually had success dropping one of these in an Astro 2. Just had to back mount it.

No gaps by the way, same curvature.
So a yoke swap would be ok ?

Good to know Nem, I had no idea they could also come with a LG Philips, YMMV for sure.

@chriszhxi assuming it came from the Orion tube it's worth a go but there's no guarantee. While the curvature was the same on the Orion A68KTB~ I can't speak for the depth and rest of the tube which can play a rather big role in how it'll look. In my case, my Toei L292 still works.

Is finding a working MS9 to go with your tube out of the question?

Good to know Nem, I had no idea they could also come with a LG Philips, YMMV for sure.

@chriszhxi assuming it came from the Orion tube it's worth a go but there's no guarantee. While the curvature was the same on the Orion A68KTB~ I can't speak for the depth and rest of the tube which can play a rather big role in how it'll look. In my case, my Toei L292 still works.

Is finding a working MS9 to go with your tube out of the question?
So Orion tube would fit in AC2, but not sure about AC or NAC, if yoke swapping works that's the best.

I'm just curious how the Toei looks compare to MS9, since I've seen people say it looks better than MS9 but more fragile.

AC2 uses the same tube as the AC and NAC fortunately :)

I'd say the tube matters most in that department but if you're simply curious why not. I was on the path to doing the same thing until I found a replacement L292.

Best of luck!

Back