What's new

tacobell

Grand Master
Reaction score
Stupid question, but I might have the Mandela Effect. I remember playing 2 Players on 1 cabinet at Arcade Infinity back when it first released in the US. Apparently the legit 1.0 version was system linked only? Is there a dual player version out there or was their version hacked? I highly doubt it was a hack as it was one of the first places in America to have Street Fighter 4.

Regardless, was there a way to turn this into a 2 player hdd without system linking?

Not sure what the hack or patch is or whatever but It is possible now to play SF4 2 players on 1 cab. It's also on the Artax multi.
I'm sorry I can't be more help but it wasn't a fever dream, it's probably just been soo long ago lol

You need to change the game versus settings to PCB mode.

Maybe region specific? The Japanese SF4 I have definitely needs to be system linked for 2P.

Same for AE 2012.
The one I bought I assume was the japanese hdd as well?

IMG_6667.jpeg

A solution is coming for no dongle key soon ;).
Multi is good when play xxx games by day XD.
sf4 or ssf4 ? sf4 have not 2p version officially. ssf4 yes with export.
Is it possible to dump your hdd of the first sf4 ? Not in mame ;)

Last edited:
A solution is coming for no dongle key soon ;).
Multi is good when play xxx games by day XD.
sf4 or ssf4 ? sf4 have not 2p version officially. ssf4 yes with export.
Is it possible to dump your hdd of the first sf4 ? Not in mame ;)
So no official 2p mode with vanilla. I have the multi hdd but it’s more nostalgic to me to just have the original sf4.

I remember when all those years ago this came out with all the hype & it was only 1p it was pretty funny at the time.

Super LTTP, but also confirming the original vanilla was only available in a 1P configuration; AFAIK there was no export version (but I could be wrong). If there was, it was still locked to 1P only (2P via ethernet link). Initially, I think they were only sold in sets of 4, for something like $20,000 US. It was pretty insane. I knew ops who were pooling their money to buy a set, then splitting the boards between themselves.

Export SSF4AE (not 2012) had 2P local versus; the JP versions still required linking via ethernet.

Eager to see the "dongle-free" solution, @Bonky - assuming this will help people who have legit, encrypted drives, but a damaged or missing security dongle?

Back