What's new

HardAzRockz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, I recently purchased this non working vendetta PCB. I already replaced a physically broken 005273 array with a Ciaus Repo
1641846306610.png
. The board boots to a ram check and say 1i is bad then reboots and ram check. please watch here
View: https://youtu.be/uoPZHoIFXYE
. I've check the board for bad traces and found a few with scrapes but tested and the all have continuity. Can anyone help?

Likely issue: RAM at position 1i is faulty or (probably more likely) the custom next to it has cracked solder on some legs. The latter you can easily check with a craft knife or other very thin and slightly flexible object - VERY GENTLY push each leg slightly sideways starting with the side that obviously has the most connections to the RAM. And I really mean gently. If it moves it needs reflowing. If you haven't removed chips before then send it to someone who has to check/tackle 1i because the traces on Konami games are very easy to break around the through holes. Piggyback test on the RAM sometimes (but not always) can prove them to be the issue, don't solder it - just push a matching RAM over the top so the legs are gripping the chip below. Make sure you do this while it's powered off and get it the right way around.

Last edited:
Back