What's new
For Sale
Update: Vewlix arrived a couple of days ago! :D

I wanted to test all the parts before updating, but there were small issues that took a couple of days to solve.

Important: I think it is missing the JVS IO, like Jassin suggested. (If it should be in the control panel.)

xpeSIhQ.jpg

ac0WDCj.jpg

This took a while to find, because the panel lock was stuck when the cab arrived.
Q6V2Iud.jpg

The lock fix was fairly simple, after some research. (But I researched carefully to make sure it wouldn't hurt the lock.)
q82StDQ.jpg

The cab seems very clean and everything else to be there. ^^ But I still want that JVS IO, since it's one of the main parts for running Vewlix games. :S

xBYkXjj.jpg

I connected the screen to a PC, and it seems to work very good.
d5fmrC8.jpg

Planning to post a more detailed review soon, with lots more pics, probably in the "projects" section. I'm new and this is definitely a project. ^^ Hopefully I can get all the components together soon.

Yea you can never tell with that IO, lots of arcade operators remove them to sell with the board inside.
You can order one from Taito JP, or watch the forums because they show up from time to time (I sold both my original JVS-IO and FastIO on here).

I just gutted my Vewlix a few days ago and I do have a couple Fast IO boards lying around. Not too sure if that is what you need

Not too sure if that is what you need
The FastIO for the Vewlix control panel looks like this (board on the right hand side).
OG675d6.jpg

On the left is the Nescia card reader attachment with blue bezel (Taito makes this in black bezel as well, but that one seems very hard to find).

Yea you can never tell with that IO, lots of arcade operators remove them to sell with the board inside.
You can order one from Taito JP, or watch the forums because they show up from time to time (I sold both my original JVS-IO and FastIO on here).
KC seems fairly honest. I'll try to resolve the issue with him, and see if he can send the part to fix the panel.

The cabinets are VERY nice, and I'm sure some people would easily pay $2000 even without the IO board, but that's not how the product was described to me.

The missing controls should have been explained before the sale, but I think it was an honest mistake which can hopefully be resolved.

I can just barely complete a full build, and it's already a big stretch. (2P plates, game hardware.) Then I need to buckle down on finances for a long while. There's just no budget for an extra missing part, especially brand new from Taito Japan. Just getting the cab running first to enjoy it while I pay other things off.

If overseas sellers strip control boards from cabinets, I can probably assume they aren't cheap to replace, or easy to find/snatch on forums.

The only thing I planned to order from Taito was a 2P Plate and brackets. (Assuming the shipping/customs fees are affordable enough to get even that.) Heck, I'm not even sure how to order parts from Taito Japan. I tried searching for it, but that didn't yield much. If anyone can explain or PM that info I'd be thankful. :thumbsup:

I just gutted my Vewlix a few days ago and I do have a couple Fast IO boards lying around. Not too sure if that is what you need
I'm not sure either.

Is it a type of JVS IO? Plugs into the control panel buttons with a harness, and plugs into JVS boards?

If they're pricey, I may not be able to get them, but I'd love to discuss it and find out what they are. ^^

If it's not what I need, I think rewrite was looking for one of those. :thumbup: Thanks for the info!

I'm not sure either.

Is it a type of JVS IO? Plugs into the control panel buttons with a harness, and plugs into JVS boards?

If they're pricey, I may not be able to get them, but I'd love to discuss it and find out what they are.

If it's not what I need, I think rewrite was looking for one of those. Thanks for the info!
You're probably going to want a normal I/O at present, I know we'd talked about using a JVS-PAC, as well as *most* TTX2's require a normal I/O. I don't remember what you decided on wanting to do though.

And yes, I'm looking for a Fast I//O. Already PM'ed just in case @Zerp is willing to let one go. I have one Vewlix with one, and one without.

Yes as @rewrite said the JVS-IO is way more useful/desireable than the FastIO.
The missing controls should have been explained before the sale, but I think it was an honest mistake which can hopefully be resolved.
I have to say I have issue with this statement.

Operators in Japan sometimes takes these out before selling them, it's really got nothing to do with KC.
When he opens one it's at the request of a buyer, to which he only provides pictures.

He is a seller of machines, but he isn't a "arcade hardware" guy (like us).
I honestly doubt if he knows the difference between a Taito FastIO and a JVS-IO, but that's not a dig on him... Why would he care?

IMO THE BUYER needs to educate him/herself BEFORE purchase, and in this case should have asked to see pictures of the inside of the panel before buying (if having the IO was important to you).
It was basically the first thing I said upon seeing this post...
However without opening the control panel (that is currently in the upright position) you won't know if it contains the JVS IO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say I have issue with this statement.
Operators in Japan sometimes takes these out before selling them, it's really got nothing to do with KC.
When he opens one it's at the request of a buyer, to which he only provides pictures.

He is a seller of machines, but he isn't a "arcade hardware" guy (like us).
I honestly doubt if he knows the difference between a Taito FastIO and a JVS-IO, but that's not a dig on him... Why would he care?

IMO THE BUYER needs to educate him/herself BEFORE purchase, and in this case should have asked to see pictures of the inside of the panel before buying (if having the IO was important to you).
It was basically the first thing I said upon seeing this post...
However without opening the control panel (that is currently in the upright position) you won't know if it contains the JVS IO.
Greetings! ^^

Firstly, I agree that KC does good. I think he’s a great arcade guy, and the cabinet is beautiful. :thumbsup: (I'm preparing to post a review/project about that.)

However, LA Amusement Inc is an inventory business, where thoroughness is important. I honestly think KC probably inventories individual machines and checks what's included. That's just a guess though.

I did educate myself, for months. It's probably the hardest I've ever researched a purchase by far. :thumbup: I googled, asked and forum searched about whatever important looking details popped up in other searches. Monitors, control parts, locks/keys, PCBs, audio connection, Taito JAMMA Kit, internal outlets, 2P panels, SLG3000, cleaning cabinets, etc. I bounced dozens of questions off a very helpful and patient forum buddy, about his Vewlix machines and other candy cabs. ^^ I asked extensive questions and requested a lot of pictures about the machine before it shipped.

Even with that research, I still didn't know “the JVS IO is located in the control panel, and often stripped out” until you responded to my pictures, and by then the cab was already shipping. (As the post states.) I figured the IO stuff was down in the cabinet with the other electronics. I didn't even realise it’s a separate board and gets pilfered. =O Therefore I didn't know you had to check the panel for it. (Yes, I'm new and learning. Gotta start somewhere.)

No matter how much research, a first time buyer may not know every single thing to ask. ?( I’m not very knowledgeable yet. I’m just a guy who enjoys arcade cabinets. I'm learning though.

If a buyer is expected to research a lot before buying, (which I did) I think a seller has some responsibility to research their wares and tell customers if anything crucial is missing. (And cabinets this nice would still sell anyway! :thumbup: )

Remember, this is my first arcade purchase. KC has been dealing with them for years. He probably has more hardware knowledge than me. I think he may even have arcade techs, like the arcade warehouses in my area. Google results report about 8 staff members for LA Amusement Inc. Customers probably also ask about specific parts all the time, so I think he may be familiar with the commonly removed parts.

While I agree that it's not KC's fault when overseas operators remove them, missing controls are significant, especially if most of his cabinets have them. I just wanted to see if that was resolvable in this case. Unfortunately, KC explained the whole shipment is missing the IO panels. And That's that.

Either way, it's amazing to finally fulfill that arcade wish! :D :D :D Even hooking up an external PC and fight stick. That monitor and sound! A real candy cab at home. :thumbsup: Finally!!

I'd certainly like to know how much a JVS IO typically costs, if anyone has an idea.

normally a taito JVS can be had from japan fro about 50usd plus fees and shipping

Congrats on the purchase.

Check YAJ for an io or ask here on the forum to see if anyone has a spare for sale or maybe trade, you never know.

However, LA Amusement Inc is an inventory business, where thoroughness is important. I honestly think KC probably inventories individual machines and checks what's included. That's just a guess though.
From my experience I am going to say that is a hard no.This worked in my favor. My machines came with no keys, the two coin doors on both machines were missing their locks, but the rest were intact. I specifically asked if the game came with any save cards and was told it did not. I was told the machine did not have their cardboard marquees, but that is rather evident when seeing the exterior of the machine.

Inside the machines I found:
2x Install discs and cases
1x manual
2x original lan cable for linking intact
2x half an original lan cable (guessing it was cut instead of opening the machines)
25x id4 save cards
1x unused sega cleaning card
1x happ cleaning card
Handful of tokens littering the botom of the machine.

normally a taito JVS can be had from japan fro about 50usd plus fees and shipping
Much appreciated! Good info!

That's not a bad price. I thought they'd probably be quite expensive if they often get stripped out. I wonder why operators are fond of taking them.
Congrats on the purchase.

Check YAJ for an io or ask here on the forum to see if anyone has a spare for sale or maybe trade, you never know.
Thanks! :D It's my favorite machine by far.

I could definitely stand to check out the sale areas, and also figure out how to order parts from Taito Japan. I plan to do a good search for that soon. There's a bit of adventure to figuring out certain things. ^^ This forum and community have been very pleasant and helpful, and I appreciate it!

It's very satisfying to finally join the ranks of candy cab owners. It's nice to find others who share that interest, and amazing to know an arcade cabinet is right where you live, providing a bit of Akihabara atmosphere. It's pretty great, and I'm glad KC made it possible.

These cabs seem to be in beautiful condition, and I won't be surprised if they sell out soon. I'm new around here, but I'm sensing that getting one from this batch was extremely fortunate.

Back