What's new
For Sale

jcmorrisii

Professional
Reaction score
Over the next month Im going to be clearing out some of the video monitors I have. Preparing for a move by end of year and sizing down a bit.

As with most heavy or high dollar items I prefer to meet in person to ensure safe delivery and eliminate shipping costs. That being said, Im completely comfortable with shipping and have all the logistics laid out, and will be happy to go into detail below. Shipping costs to be paid for by the buyer. The monitor you purchase will be carefully placed inside a double walled heavy duty box with 3-4" clearance on all sides. I then use corrugated honeycomb paper to fill odd shaped nooks and crannies, followed by instapaks on all sides. Here is the price breakdown (see spoiler):

---- Staples - 18x18x18 box and 16x16x16 box - $13

---- Amazon - Instapak - $48

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BU5VYRQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1JFE6EN10LBEH&psc=1
---- Amazon. - Packing paper. - $21
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B4WZBSZ3/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A34D0ABAAY19ZZ&psc=1
SUB-TOTAL = $75 before S&H
----UPS - Shipping and Handling - $50-70 depending on location

SHIPPING TOTAL= $125-150

Inventory
ProductBuyerSerial NumberConditionViewing SizeInputsSpeaker(s)Stereo Audio OutCost
Panasonic WV-BM503 (#1)Available8/105" x 3 Black and WhiteCompositeNoNo$60
Panasonic WV-BM503 (#2)Available9/105" x 3 Black and WhiteCompositeNoNo$75
JVC TM-A13SU (Burn in #1)Available
5/1013" ColorComposite, S-Video (No Mod)Yes, MonoNo Mod$40
JVC TM-A13SU (Burn in #2)Available082956707/1013" ColorSCART(RGB) + S-Video + CompositeYes, MonoYes$70

Grading scale = 1/10 is worst, 10/10 is best. I have taken tons of notes on each specific unit and graded them based on aesthetics, tube life, etc. Im happy to share all those overly anal details with anyone who cares to inquire :)

Heres some background on these 13" monitors. Im a big fan of transparency, and having all parties know as much as possible. I rescued them from the local school system, by way of public auction. Each unit cost roughly $70 after taxes and fees (including the units with burn in and the cheaper Panasonic CTs). Closer to $100 after the mod is complete. My intention was to: A) Save these beauties from the landfill and find them a new forever home, B) learn more about smaller CRTs that I haven't worked much on in the past, C) test out Martin's RGB mod for them.

These units were produced fairly late in the life cycle of CRT production, from late 200x-2008. It wasn't until December of 2007 that they started using in house JVC brand tubes, previously they were sourced from Thai CRT. Like most CRTs that are not meant for high end production, there are minor visual quirks. There is no way to modify the pincushion circuit, so there is always a SLIGHT bend. I have a test unit I did a recap of the entire deflection circuit on, and only very minor improvements were seen, so this leads me to believe it was a flaw in the design itself rather than components drifting out of spec. No recap has been done of the electrolytics or anything else for that matter; but I have carefully tuned the image in the (hidden) service menu for RGB video . If you plan on using it for mostly composite or S-video, just let me know and I can change it for that.
IMG_5397.jpegIMG_5376.jpeg

Each one of them was carefully modified to support RGB input via SCART, as well as adding the functionality of choosing between audio being routed to internal mono speaker, or out to a Stereo (2 RCA) output that can be fed to a Audio amplifier/ sound system. I also engineered custom cover boxes that utilize present holes to affix itself neatly to the back, no case modification was ever done. This mod is completely reversible as well. After me and Martin talked a bit, the code for the arduino board that talks to the jungle chip was modified slightly to try and fix the occasional jitter, this is a different value than the one found on Martins page.
IMG_5403.jpegIMG_5951.jpgbars.jpggrid.jpgIMG_5960.jpg
(Insert pics here)

Link: Martin H. RGB Mod for JVC TM-A130SU

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have 2 Panasonic WV-BM503s (Other set seen in first pic). Each BM-503 contains 3x BM-500 mounted on a 19" rack with front panel cover. I have tested them with video for hours, including daisy chaining them all together and observed no issues. Asking $100 per set of 3. Does not include shipping.
FiQmVIFXwAQRF5N.jpeg

IMG_5860.jpgIMG_5854.jpg
-------------------------------------------------------------

Please let me know if you have any questions, always happy to help.

SOLD ITEMS:
JVC TM-A130SU @d00mdrew
JVC TM-A13SU @astro_zombie138
JVC TM-A13SU @notsonic
JVC TM-A13SU @9999 Damage

Last edited:
Im local and might be interested in picking something up. Don't have any 25in tubes by chance do you?
I have a Wells Gardner 25" medium res I think its a k7000 but not sure, I can take pics for you today, its free if you want it! Tube itself is in great condition , chassis needs work, chassis maybe missing some connectors if I remember correctly. Held onto it as a replacement tube for a cab. Will send you a DM.

Dude are you serious!?!? That's exactly what I need. That's so generous. I will absolutely pick it up. Im in the 32068 on 220 so super close to you.

I got mine, it's great. I love the aesthetic. The picture quality is like a Commodore monitor or RGB modded consumer set. Using it feels much less janky (as in not at all) than the consumer sets I've modded.

I guarantee I'll wish I got two at some point in the future.

I got mine, it's great. I love the aesthetic. The picture quality is like a Commodore monitor or RGB modded consumer set. Using it feels much less janky (as in not at all) than the consumer sets I've modded.

I guarantee I'll wish I got two at some point in the future.
Agree 100%. I’m using mine with my Saturn and Super Famicom via SCART until I can get a good SCART cable and a flash cart for my MSX. Its pretty much perfect for what it is.

I totally want to grab one. Going to have to be next week though. Put me down for JVC TM-A13SU (#2) @jcmorrisii. I recapped the monitor you gave me and replaced the HOT(it was shorted). Had to put it on pause as I got sick, why I can't grab the monitor until next week.

I totally want to grab one. Going to have to be next week though. Put me down for JVC TM-A13SU (#2) @jcmorrisii. I recapped the monitor you gave me and replaced the HOT(it was shorted). Had to put it on pause as I got sick, why I can't grab the monitor until next week.
sure thing I’ll mark you down for that one! Glad to hear you got the issue identified on that other monitor and hopefully that does the trick! Sorry you got sick, sending healing vibes your way ^^

sure thing I’ll mark you down for that one! Glad to hear you got the issue identified on that other monitor and hopefully that does the trick! Sorry you got sick, sending healing vibes your way ^^
Thank you brother! Still got more to investigate on it, just don't have the energy at the moment.

Hello @jcmorrisii

Please read the following guideline about listing in this marketplace:

Rule 1: Begin the subject of your sale thread with a suffix. For example, if you are simply selling an item you should use the suffix 'For Sale:' or 'FS:'

Thanks so much and let me know if you have any more questions about marketplace policy.

Back