What's new
Want To Buy

KJ101

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!
I'm looking to purchase my first Viewlix / Chewlix cabinet. I've owned Candy Cabs in the past, but never this style before. Anyone selling or know of a good group buy coming up? Or possiblly a good dealer near the Columbus Ohio area. Thanks!

Contact gndzero on facebook. I think he might have a few left over from his group buy.

Look up Tokyo Attack on Facebook and shoot them a msg.

Facebook groups? Tokyo Attack? Just send @kcarcadegame a PM. :rolleyes:
Two of my babies (Capcom/Diamond) came from KC, the 3rd (L-AMI) from @Cereth
XV5THmL.jpg

Chewlix is trash IMO, but I'm super snobby/demand the best (also fuck the Chinese man, they hid this convid19 shit from WHO since November).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the quick responses! This seems to be a super helpful group, which is very appreciated! Definitely looking forward to getting a Viewlix/Chewlix in the near future.

I know there is a lot of overall quality differences in Chewlix vs Viewlix, and I'm sure it's been discussed in length somewhere in this forum, so my apologies if this is redundant. But is there a benefit for home use from Chewlix being built new as opposed from used Viewlix? I know I've purchased a few Candy Cabs that were quite dirty and reeked of smoke for months after purchase. Since I'm newly married, moving into a new place and looking to build up a new arcade room, I need any cabinet purchases to pass a Wife test...haha. (Which is totally understandable of course)

I know I've purchased a few Candy Cabs that were quite dirty and reeked of smoke for months after purchase.
Well yea you've gotta give 'em a really good cleaning.
Also helps to replace fans and blast out the insides with compressed air.

Just about 6 months ago Taito closed out/discontinued the entire line.
As a result some lucky ducks got brandnew Diamond Blacks direct from Taito for the same price I paid for used.
wpwglQX.jpg

Serial numbers blacked out (cuz it aint mine) but trust me it matched/was a complete pristine kit!

Thanks for all the quick responses! This seems to be a super helpful group, which is very appreciated! Definitely looking forward to getting a Viewlix/Chewlix in the near future.

I know there is a lot of overall quality differences in Chewlix vs Viewlix, and I'm sure it's been discussed in length somewhere in this forum, so my apologies if this is redundant. But is there a benefit for home use from Chewlix being built new as opposed from used Viewlix? I know I've purchased a few Candy Cabs that were quite dirty and reeked of smoke for months after purchase. Since I'm newly married, moving into a new place and looking to build up a new arcade room, I need any cabinet purchases to pass a Wife test...haha. (Which is totally understandable of course)
That Chewlix Group Buy from Anthony Capobianco is gonna be your best bet as they are brand new and be customized to what you want... Also he's local to you in Columbus as well and would save you a good chunk on shipping charges...

I have a Vewlix L AMI from @Cereth & a Chewlix I picked up for pretty good deal off eBay a few months ago...

There are differences for sure in build quality between the two. Chewlix cut a lot of corners but it is fine for home use...

This is my current lineup of Japanese cabs...The Vewlix L AMI on the left, Chewlix in the middle:

3A2f9CN.jpg

Last edited:
If you don't mind me asking can you give a little more description on what corners they have cut? I am currently in the Chewlix order group with Anthony but I am thinking about selling my slot to get a real viewlix.

KC has great deals on original taito vewlix at the moment, please see his thread. I would suggest having someone local to LA check out the item in person first. Really best to see any cabinet in person before buying and KC moves so much stuff it's really best to look it over and make sure its what you want exactly. Its actually a pretty great time to buy a vewlix although the JVS IO is getting very expensive. I still ardently prefer it to the chewlix and not just for the mildly racist reasons mentioned above.

If you don't mind me asking can you give a little more description on what corners they have cut? I am currently in the Chewlix order group with Anthony but I am thinking about selling my slot to get a real viewlix.
people do run downs over this often enough for it to not need to be written out again (and honestly it depends on the model anyway) but the best argument is that if something is worth immitating and the imitation is only mildly cheaper and offers very little improvement and.. frankly looks uglier, why get the imitation?

I'm going back and forth on what color scheme to get on a Chewlix. I like how modern and sleek the grey/black combo looks, but I also like the more retro look of the red/white Vewlix F style looks. I hate decisions...ha.

Do you think standard grey/black chewlix with changing out for red marquee and red control panel would look nice?

Back