What's new

hyp36rmax

Champion
Reaction score
Can I commision a Sega Virtua Stick High Grade replacement panel for an Astro City Mini Arcade Stick? From what i've seen they are the same chassis and dimensions. The only difference is the top panel for Astro City Mini has 24mm buttons for "Coin" and "Start"

Original Virtua Stick High Grade was available for the PS3 with a single 24mm "Start" button and PCB panel buttons for "PS Guide", "Select", "L2", and "R2".

My suggested panel for Astro City Mini Arcade stick will retain the locations for "Coin" and "Start" and adding an additional 24mm button on the top panel for "PS Guide" button

Astro City Mini Arcade Stick

OPI5obo.png

Astro City Mini Top Plate underside

hIL9KDF.png

8Sgp22b.png

Virtua Stick High Grade

2021-05-31_14-33-33.png

Over view of Sega Virtua Stick High Grade

Template to assist with designing a Astro City Mini Arcade stick with an additional 24mm button from Focus Attack.

https://www.focusattack.com/template/download/plexworks/brand/sega/fa-vshg-artwork-template.zip

Revised with two variations. Moved the 24mm "Guide" button to the center in between Credit and Start Buttons

@alberto1225

Version 01: 24mm "Guide" Button and 6 Button Sega Layout

1625112680905.png

Version 02: 24mm "Guide" Button and 8 Button Sega Layout

1625112654927.png

Email Aaron from All Fight Sticks. He's helped me out several times in the past with some custom work.
Thanks! I worked with Aaron with a few projects in the past. Building a Virtual On Twinstick with him now. Great brand and service.

This project has a scope that I feel Alberto is suited for.

Checking on progress for the VSHG panel. I'm still interested

That would look nice in the black / silver theme :D

Might have to pick up x2 if it can be used on the OG VSHG

These sticks are almost $350 now second hand (the pink one is probably twice that). I regret not getting one at launch, but is there any reasonable way to buy sticks this late in the game?

Funny you should ask this. It's coming along. Should have first sample from @alberto1225 very soon. Flew all the way to taiwan to pick it up hahaha :D

1653263477101.png
Any further update on these? Did they become a thing in the end up? I might have a reasonably priced source for these sticks in the EU so I really wouldn't mind picking up another couple and having some NeoGeo ones if it's possible.

Back