What's new

Which M92 Multi would you perfer

• I would buy a simple bank-switching M92 Multi that only works with Major Title 2 for $350

Votes: 38 66.7%
  • I would only buy a fancy M92 Multi that works with any donor, and would be willing to pay $800

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • I am not interested in buying any M92 Multi

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
The Topics of M92 Multis has come up again and again and recently there was some discussion about it so I thought I'd create a poll to help inform what people are actually interested in / willing to buy.

Last edited:
I voted for a simple one. Actually it could work with any other M92 title I'd still buy it cause I own them all.

Either. But definitely prefer the simple one. I’d say a healthy amount of people who want this multi probably already have a MT2 stashed.

For the big added cost of a multi that works with all donors, it’s probably worth people selling their existing “other” donor and putting that money towards a Major Title 2 IMO.

I need to get my M92 Major title 2 running.

I voted simple bank switching...
Truth is I sold ALL my PCBs, so in actuality I'm not interested...
I hope my vote helps support what should have ALWAYS been the internal decision to move the project forward.

Its super lame noobish requests for Gunforce were ever entertained period (800$ Christ).
It was never proper for conversions, why should it work for a multi?

I have a MT2 and have burnt a few different games for converting it. It would be great if i didn't have to change all the ROMs and fiddle around with the jumpers every time i want to play another game.

As much as i like flashy methods for changing the games, simple chaneing with dip switches is more than enough - much less that go wrong

Let's look at some simple numbers.

Size of Under Cover Cops: 7.4MiB

Number of M92 games: 13 / 12, let's say 12.

Rough estimate: 12*7.4 = 88.4MiB (assuming average gamesize is 7.4 MiB)

If these were to be put into 27C322: 88.4MiB/4MiB = 23 EPROMs

Of course the calculation does not take into account splitting into actual buses or alternate language versions.

I've been able to buy a Hook at a fair price expecting it would be a donor, because I thought Gunforce were the only games that were difficult to be donors, never been able to get a MT2 after the discussions started about it, and to be honest I couldn't buy a different pcb after each conversation in the thread, my wallet wasn't ready for this... and I guess if a multi aims only this game it will make prices rocket jump even higher. Sadly even if I want that multi, I feel i'm going to pass on this one. 800 is steep and I believe MT2 prices will rise too. I can't say I'm not interested in a M92 multi but not in these options at least.

Last edited:
Next to the CPS1 and Psikyo, the M92 is my third highly anticipated multi!

I got a MT2 (converted to Leo) ready and willing. Bring on the simp multi!

Holla, holla. We dem Boyz! Holla…dem multi Boyz!!

I would definitely prefer the simple multi on this one! It would be a day one purchase for me

Fancy one, then I would sell off all my other m92 titles.
Also would prefer the fancy multi.

Programming EPROMs or memory modules is a nuisance, requires users to buy additional hardware they may not already have, and in the case of EPROMs you could be stuck with faulty devices. It's increasingly difficult to source original, working EPROMs as well.

I'd gladly pay for the convenience of being able to dump ROMs onto an SD card, in addition to simplifying updates to ROMs/hacks.

(the above isn't specific to the M92 multi, but this and future multis, in general).

Back