What's new
For Sale
But why would he need a port by way of the Atlantic Ocean?
Because shipping costs are not that much more on regular shipping routes to our coast even from Asia via the Panama canal.

Seeming some concerns about shipping and ports - My original post mentioned the greater DC area - which is a plus for "middle ground" and right along major highways (95). However storage costs/ports was brought up.. not sure if the ports is an issue.

But what about Baltimore - its still "middle ground", right along a major highway, has a major port, and is cheap as hell.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/B...4896a84223e758!8m2!3d39.2903848!4d-76.6121893

Heh sounds like someone just wants them shipped near his house so he doesn't have to travel. Can't say I blame ya .. but the whole area sucks for traffic and it's hell of allot cheaper away from the DC / Baltimore area.

1st - not everyone is gonna be happy where/if this hypothetical discussion ends up.

Baltimore/DC would be a middle ground for the east coast as whole though. Put it in NY thats too far for the south, but it in GA or South Carolina thats too far for the north. Baltimore is not really what I would consider a short ride for me either. Traffic you are gonna run into anywhere thats an urban center. However Richmond VA which someone else mentioned earlier may be a good idea as well, less of a traffic nightmare. I think the james river/Richmond supports container ships.. not sure though.

Warehousing costs directly next to a port are expensive; utilizing trains and getting a location slightly more inland is more more cost effective. I wouldn't see a huge cost savings if I were in NY (my usual port of entry)

Though I am gonna say EST is a lot more crowded than you think with a lot of QoL services baked in and spreading even thinner is probably not gonna end as good as you think it will especially if you're maintaining a warehouse in LA as well.

Warehousing costs directly next to a port are expensive; utilizing trains and getting a location slightly more inland is more more cost effective. I wouldn't see a huge cost savings if I were in NY (my usual port of entry)

Though I am gonna say EST is a lot more crowded than you think with a lot of QoL services baked in and spreading even thinner is probably not gonna end as good as you think it will especially if you're maintaining a warehouse in LA as well.
Damnnnn. I’m hoping you bring some fire products with your post next week. Super excited!

IMO NY state, as the population from NY,Ohio, Michigan and Pa Trump the rest of the east coast. More people equals more sales

IMO NY state, as the population from NY,Ohio, Michigan and Pa Trump the rest of the east coast. More people equals more sales
I mean. Total population doesn't necessarily mean that the population of arcade enthusiasts is higher in those states. Have you seen how many arcade dudes are in Mass?

Or Alabama for some reason.

Probably makes more sense to take east coast orders. Then see where the majority lie, and THEN deal with where.

I mean. Total population doesn't necessarily mean that the population of arcade enthusiasts is higher in those states. Have you seen how many arcade dudes are in Mass?
Or Alabama for some reason.

Probably makes more sense to take east coast orders. Then see where the majority lie, and THEN deal with where.
This man speaks the truth, however I'd change it to New England as a whole. This area by far has the most Japanese arcade enthusiasts I've run across besides CA.

@kcarcadegame most likely the only way you are going to get a true feel for all of this is if you post a forum vote / poll with a list of cities you have in mind along the east coast and see which one gets the most individual votes.

I know a good 20-30 people (maybe more) in the Orlando / Tampa area like @owlnonymous and gang would be all over this. We have a group up north saying it would be better up there .. the group of us in the middle saying middle US is better .. I have not really seen the Floridians chime in much yet, but trust me there are ALLOT of them enough to where there's probably 20ish barcades/arcades spread out through Florida now. Shoot this does not even bring into account the large contingents in northern Illinois, Texas, and Ohio.

*edit* @kcarcadegame I even believe some of those Floridians just recently flew out to meet you and arrange a large purchase which includes a four player Darius cab .. also I know recently an Orlando group dropped the cash to buy 20-25 Chewlix cabs in one shot.

The East Coast is way too big for one location to work well for everybody. A central North East / New England location would be great (for me). And I assume something south of the mason dixon line would help out people too.

Florida peep chiming in. Just drove last Sunday from mid Florida to North Carolina in 12ish hours one shot. Anything in North Carolina or the surrounding areas would work for us. Means a full day driving, sleeping a night, and grabbing whatever cabs to bring them back south. Could be done in a weekend.

Would sti prices go down if they were housed in the East coast? I'd assume so.

I'd mostly like the drive option to inspect the cabs personally.

North Carolina works for me too. ;) If you find a location along Highway 17 you can drive all the way from Florida to New York on one road.

North Carolina works for me too. ;) If you find a location along Highway 17 you can drive all the way from Florida to New York on one road.
Yep .. actually I-95 is two miles to the east of me and Highway 17 is about 4 miles to the west of me. All through Georgia 17 and I-95 cross each other quite a few times.

@kcarcadegame most likely the only way you are going to get a true feel for all of this is if you post a forum vote / poll with a list of cities you have in mind along the east coast and see which one gets the most individual votes.

I know a good 20-30 people (maybe more) in the Orlando / Tampa area like @owlnonymous and gang would be all over this. We have a group up north saying it would be better up there .. the group of us in the middle saying middle US is better .. I have not really seen the Floridians chime in much yet, but trust me there are ALLOT of them enough to where there's probably 20ish barcades/arcades spread out through Florida now. Shoot this does not even bring into account the large contingents in northern Illinois, Texas, and Ohio.

*edit* @kcarcadegame I even believe some of those Floridians just recently flew out to meet you and arrange a large purchase which includes a four player Darius cab .. also I know recently an Orlando group dropped the cash to buy 20-25 Chewlix cabs in one shot.
I will second that. As part of that Tampa group there would likely be some interest; mid-coast seems like the best option to be but then again I know nothing about logistics.

Back