What's new
IMG_20160331_204833.jpg

15khz still looks pretty good to me! :D

Doa5 for some reason does not want to go full screen, that game launches on a window.. I do not khow how to make that game go full screen.. Oh i see Raiden 5 for Xbox one Japan.. SF5 I do not touch that until it supports my joystick or game pad and Arcade mode.. Everything else looks great MKX, MK9, KOF13, guilty gear, blezeblue,, I have another drive that I need to configure with Windows 10 for KI3.. Now bring the next KOF and I will be set for a while:)

Last edited:
Connected the PS4 to the new Taito monitor and nothing, the monitor does not detec the video on HDMI on the PS 4. PC and Wii U on HDMI, no problem but there is something different with the PS4. I tried all the video settings and no dice.. I used the HDfury2 and connected it on the VGA and it worked.. Playing Uncharted 4, awosome game but the frame rate really hurts the game.

Where did you get these monitors? If they automatically upscale JAMMA based games, I want one!!

They do not scale, the monitors actually behave allot like a large PC gaming LCD (think BenQ and Asus).
Officially Taito supports 15khz (JAMMA) video with a separate scaler board that installs inside the bottom of the Vewlix as part of the JAMMA kit.

I did my best to provide a high rez image of the scaler PCB in my Vewlix thread.

They do not scale, the monitors actually behave allot like a large PC gaming LCD (think BenQ and Asus).
Officially Taito supports 15khz (JAMMA) video with a separate scaler board that installs inside the bottom of the Vewlix as part of the JAMMA kit.

I did my best to provide a high rez image of the scaler PCB in my Vewlix thread.
that board looks quite useful for a supergun setup or if you just want to replace a damaged monitor with a LED/LCD screen.

Do you think it can be wired on non welix cabs?

With the Hanzo the games look good so with a Taito JAMMA scaler must look fantastic but like everything else pictures will not due it justice..

In another note - I upgraded Windows and Killing Instinct PC version looks great:)..

Thanks Jassin that is good to know..
If it's an HDCP issue (most likely because wiiu/pc worked) you can get around this buy getting a cheap HDMI splitter: http://amzn.to/1U98u3l

A lot of these cheap chinese splitters don't conform to hdcp standards and will completely ignore HDCP protection. I've been using this to connect my PS3 to my capture card without problems, and it should work for you too.

Thanks Jassin that is good to know..
If it's an HDCP issue (most likely because wiiu/pc worked) you can get around this buy getting a cheap HDMI splitter: http://amzn.to/1U98u3l
A lot of these cheap chinese splitters don't conform to hdcp standards and will completely ignore HDCP protection. I've been using this to connect my PS3 to my capture card without problems, and it should work for you too.
Rather then spending money on something like that why don't you go ahead and switch HDCP off through the PS4 menu..

Your welcome! :P

I can report that DHCP off did the trick:)
Yes that works with PS4 thankfully... But you know what it won't work on? PS3!
Turns out the way they wrote the DHCP enforcement on PS3 makes it part of the Hypervisor (onboard chip function) that can't be disabled.

I can report that DHCP off did the trick:)
Yes that works with PS4 thankfully... But you know what it won't work on? PS3!Turns out the way they wrote the DHCP enforcement on PS3 makes it part of the Hypervisor (onboard chip function) that can't be disabled.
I had no idea you could just turn it off on PS4 (I don't own one yet :()!

It can technically be done on PS3 without the splitter/stripper, but you need to have it jailbroken with a DEX/debug firmware flashed to the console.

Vewlix L 2.0
PC and steam big picture
New Taito LCD
New wiring with brooks universal fighting board.. All setup and looking great..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 288
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 295
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 243
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 243
I did not notice lag and 1080p games look funtastic:) I had the Taito Type X2 system and 720p games are not as good looking as 1080p, specially USF4, Killing Instinct, MKX etc.

Has anyone here managed to get video output from a ps4 on a Vewlix F? I can get safe mode to show up , but after that my Vewlix monitor just displays "Over Range", no matter what settings I try.

I use a generic hdmi to dvi cable, I've read PS4 outputs low power hdmi so you really need a powered converter. Not sure if that is the case though, since safe mode is in 700x576 or whatever resolution and that displays fine.

I also bought me some Brook Universal Fighting Boards to replace my old PS360+. Would be nice if I actually get any use out of them when I can get video from the PS4 .... :(

Back