What's new
21 inch PC CRTs for me. The white one does 15-40 khz range.

20210609_155434.jpg
20210605_232618.jpg
PC CRTs give really good value for those chasing really good video quality. If you’re near a large metro area you may even be able to grab one for free off Craigslist etc. Pair it up to a MiSTer and be amazed.

PC CRTs give really good value for those chasing really good video quality. If you’re near a large metro area you may even be able to grab one for free off Craigslist etc. Pair it up to a MiSTer and be amazed.

An upscaler like an OSSC with a cheap lagless digital to analog passthrough converter lets you use SCART or Component video with original consoles or a SuperGun with a PC CRT as well.

I'm using the excellent Retroscaler A1 for all arcade stuff. OSSC for all consoles except PS2. PS2 is on an old Micomsoft DISPL. Original Xbox, Wii and Gamecube are through a VDIGI VD-Z3. Everything routed through an Extron MVX and RGB 203rxi. Very happy with this setup. JVC TM-H1950 just sits there.

As much as I like a nos monitor, price is more then i'm willing to pay

Yeah it's getting ridiculous when you can still find plenty of second hand ones with no burn and very few operating hours for a 1/10th of the price.
Not tri-syncs though. Still i'd never pay 950 for a crt (nor would i pay 95 for that matter)

I'll be looking at an FW900 later today. I'm kinda stoked to see one in person and the dudes a friend. Here's to hoping he doesn't "eBay price me"..

He's also got a BVM 1910 and PVM 2030.

Not tri-syncs though. Still i'd never pay 950 for a crt (nor would i pay 95 for that matter)
Tri-sync are no problem either. They were installed on late CRT cabinets, so are usually in good condition.
I have a friend who just picked 2 or 3 28/29" tri-sync combos yesterday, I believe he's even a member here.

Back