What's new

yannis

Beginner
Reaction score
I've searched high and low for something corresponding to its part number (601-0262) but have only found this auction which claims it's a Capcom/Naomi I/O Version 2. Is it? I thought that was the 98701-3 boards.

It definitely looks like a Capcom I/O, has all the connectors and knobs, it's just not one I've seen before. I am by no means anything like an expert though.

Any help would be gratefully received!

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    371 KB · Views: 48
Looks like a namco 246 I/o

I know there also repro s from these that look verry like the one you have there . Does it boot like this?

Attachments

• 24A3AB06-C400-42E1-86C3-E2ECF7D42697.png
    24A3AB06-C400-42E1-86C3-E2ECF7D42697.png
    67 KB · Views: 34
Sadly I've got no way to test it right now. It was part of a batch of I/Os I ended up with and it's the only one I've got no clue what it really is.

It does have the exact same layout of and ports as the Capcom I/O, though - I see similarities with the 246 I/O, but it's not exactly the same there.

Completely stumped!

I did think that might be the case, but it has the audio connections on the front and back, as well as that model number - I've personally not seen any of the clones with either of those features. They've all looked like the one AMS posted above (which I do believe is a Capcom clone, not a 246 clone).

As I say, I'm no expert in the slightest, it just has a few things about it that make me second-guess if it's a clone.

(It's probably a clone)

This is an original capcom IO, many differences to the one you have pictured.
s-l1600.jpg

Caps, Heatsink, CPS2 Connector is wrong, the 3.3v stepdown is different, etc... Looks like a good clone though.

Back