What's new

RyeWoah

Beginner
Reaction score
We have a 4 player Outrun2 SP SDX and the 3rd car has always been a hassle. Before I started working there they had taken out parts to get the other cars working. I then managed to get it running, albeit with random resetting issues. I used to be able to get it to reset on the second turn in the Jungle section consistently, but after swapping out the PSU with one from one of the other cars, it ran all day long. And the other car ran as well. I figured it was that, but one of the other techs just messaged me today showing that the car had reset which threw the other cars into the Test menu.

I have replaced the Motherboard, The JVS, The Audio Card, HDD, PSU, GPU and all the same. I'm not back in until Sunday morning, so I may take the entire Lindbergh from a working car and swap it with this one and just run them. If the resetting problem "moves" then I know it's isolated to the Lindbergh. If nothing changes, then it's somewhere in the cab itself.

Any leads I should look at when I go back in?

The game goes into the test menu when one (or more) Lindberghs are unreachable. Have you witnessed it resetting, or are you just seeing the test menu?

Perhaps it could be network related. Bad cable, dying port on the switch etc?

Not specifically to Lindbergh, but other arcade systems are known to reset or freeze if the 5v is set to low, can you measure and adjust this?
Perhaps it was just borderline with the other PSU and now it dropped slightly below a certain threshold?

We think it was power related. It seems like we have a bad cable reel and that's the one it was plugged into. We rerouted some other things a freed up an outlet and it's been running strong since. Granted it's only been 3 days, but that's progress.

Back