What's new

hoagtech

Enlightened
Reaction score
I took my Gradius 2 PCB out of its box and I lost all the voices during gameplay.

voices "Destroy them all!", "Shoot him in the head!" , and "You shall never make it out of here alive!" are all missing.

Last time this happened. My PCB stopped working entirely after a month of no voices and I sent it to @ShootTheCore 's friend who fixed it well and restored gameplay and voice.

I noticed the voltage was really low. It was registering 4.7 V at the Jamma edge and I could barely get it to 5.03 V by cranking the volt knob all the way up.

When I changed my PCB out to Wyvern Wings, It returned to to 5.24 V.

Pictured is my PCB if that helps.

How might I go about getting the voice tracks back and solving this voltage drop?

01-B2907-F-6781-416-C-8170-FF92680-E45-D3.jpg

I noticed the voltage was really low. It was registering 4.7 V at the Jamma edge and I could barely get it to 5.03 V by cranking the volt knob all the way up.
That's really bad news, sounds like you have a short or a bad component that's overheating. Cranking the voltage like that would be like if you car felt like it was caught on something so you decided to just slam on the gas :/ You're likely to do more additional harm than fix the problem.

If this were me I'd snap a picture with FLIR camera to see what's getting hot and drawing down the power. that's not an option most people have though, so backup is to just start touching shit on the audio circuit until you burn yourself.

Also WTF is going on here!?

uu5xu8ui.jpg

That's really bad news, sounds like you have a short or a bad component that's overheating. Cranking the voltage like that would be like if you car felt like it was caught on something so you decided to just slam on the gas :/ You're likely to do more additional harm than fix the problem.

If this were me I'd snap a picture with FLIR camera to see what's getting hot and drawing down the power. that's not an option most people have though, so backup is to just start touching shit on the audio circuit until you burn yourself.

Also WTF is going on here!?

uu5xu8ui.jpg
It was a Dark Adventure conversion. I don’t mind burning myself. That sounds like a plan. For some reason not hearing “shoot him in the head!” Drives me crazy.

Back