What's new

edgb77

Beginner
Reaction score
I was reading the post New cps2 multigame firmware with key writing and I saw that lot of you have favourite pached roms that don´t want to lose,
I was wondering which ones are those roms and why you want to keep them.
I myself have a favorite one that is Street Fighter 2x Grand Master Training Mode, I use it a lot, and it's a great tool for the FGC.

This post could be a good reference of pached games avaliable so we can have a quick look of what we have and why we would like to use them.

I would really apreciate that you post your favourite ones and why they are special.

Thanks a lot!

Street Fighter 2 Koryu - because that was the SF2 which I played most in early 90s and was a lot of fun.

Street Fighter 2 Koryu - because that was the SF2 which I played most in early 90s and was a lot of fun.
Definitely I have to load this one on my multi kit, Is the rom in the official package?

I saw that lot of you have favourite pached roms that don´t want to lose
Lose? Just because you've installed the key writing firmware and wires don't mean you need to lose anything.
Patched ROMs are decrypted ROMs, so when creating a Key file simply use all 0's (it will work because the ROM is already decrypted).

Isn't Koryu a CPS1 game? Won't work on CPS2 without a ton of work.

I saw that lot of you have favourite pached roms that don´t want to lose
Lose? Just because you've installed the key writing firmware and wires don't mean you need to lose anything.Patched ROMs are decrypted ROMs, so when creating a Key file simply use all 0's (it will work because the ROM is already decrypted).
What I really meant with pached roms is the games that are not anymore the same games, for example Sf 2x Training mode, or the cps1 to cps2 conversións, those are games that are able to play in the system but they didn´t exist on the real hardware.

Do you have any jassin000? so Eager to know..

Definitely I have to load this one on my multi kit, Is the rom in the official package?
Sorry didn't realise this posted under CPS2 sub-forum. You need to wait till DS releases the CPS1 multi if you want to play it on multi or burn two roms and replace in the SF2CE board. I have never played any CPS2 hacks in the arcade.

Oh I've played hacks of CPS2 games, and I played the converted Punisher (CPS1.5) on CPS2 multi just as a test (I own a real Punisher so I wouldn't play regularly on CPS2).
The CPS1 hacked games to work on CPS2 I have ZERO interest in... The reason is the CPS2 hardware isn't appropriate for these games.

CPS1 used ADPCM sound, but CPS1.5 and CPS2 use Q-sound.
So while I can support playing CPS1.5 on 2 because the hardware is all present (only configured differently)...
I will NEVER boot a single CPS1 conversion on my CPS2 multi!

These conversions are dirty/ugly IMO... The original audio has been totally ripped out and replaced.
That's some bullshit if you ask me, might as well play a bootleg board or even use emulation if you don't care about such things.

Not to mention these abominations take some talent to make, I don't want anyone with those skills wasting their time following this misguided dream (when they should be working on converting CPS1.5).

I actually enjoy the SF 2 CE and Turbo conversions. Pretty fun to play more games on the multi board.

In addition the SSF2 Random hack is hilarious. It’s that EGM April fools joke of Sheng Long come to life and see a hacked Akuma come in and take down Bison, and then beat the tar out of you.

Back