What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh please, tell me to shut up but don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining. I was specifically talking about open source software and none of the actual piracy related to it. If that's somehow impure, shut down github.

So you are saying you took games and data from artax multi and used jconfig to run it on your own homemade multi. Then have a screenshot showing sfv type arcade but standby the fact you are not advocating piracy of new software?

Doesn’t matter what github is doing. Darksoft doesn’t want anything to do with anything close to this stuff. It’s his forum so respect his wishes, he even gave alternative forum should you wish to discuss further.

I'm not advocating for shit, don't put words in my mouth again.

You are the one literally comparing discussing emulators to games. Not a good or smart move on a forum like this. What I personally have or have a screenshot of is none of your concern - SF5 is on Steam and applicable to anything I've discussed.

I fully agree outright discussing the Artax piracy image is bad but please do not compare discussing setting up your own stuff to sharing that piracy compilation.

EDIT: I want to expand on this by saying that demonizing this discussing is harmful. There are multiple ongoing threads which could benefit from this knowledge such as:
https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...en-es3-let’s-try-to-“rebuild”-it.22118/page-2
https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...t-mode-frontend-with-nesicaxlive-theme.21111/
etc.

Demonizing discussing the tools used in the Artax image and methods for getting the games running on an individual basis is counterproductive, because they are just standard utilities. The problem is the sharing of games..

Last edited:
Man let it rest, big fucking deal this is one topic thats muzzled here.

If that's your take away, then you're missing the point. I'm specifically replying to a reply to me. I don't give a shit if the actual Artax thread was closed, it should have been.

I was specifically saying, you don't NEED it and offering input on why and how you can get similar results with minimal effort.

EDIT: Yet again I say, "Demonizing discussing the tools used in the Artax image and methods for getting the games running on an individual basis is counterproductive, because they are just standard utilities. The problem is the sharing of games.."

Last edited:
I was specifically discussing NOT using it for that reason and showing that you can simply install open source software and use any game you want - including Steam (which you would have to pay for.)
My guy, you posted a screenshot showing a pirated active arcade game installed on your machine. We all know what that is. Please climb down off your high horse about demonizing GitHub and just recognize that you're crossing a line and chill out. This isn't the place for the conversation.

So a screenshot posted negates the actual point that discussing configuration software should be right? What is with you people?

I'm asking what the line is because I'm NOT discussing games. I'm TRYING to discuss AttractMode, AutoIt, JConfig, etc. You're just being a prick about it for some reason.

There is literally no justifiable reason to squash these conversations other than their affiliation to Artax which is obviously just a piracy image.

EDIT: If you're going to take a moral high road of "oh we know what it can be used for" - is this REALLY the forum to use that card?

EDIT 2: If you know ANYTHING about AttractMode you know that the fact the launcher exists doesn't necessary mean the game is there.

Last edited:
You can discuss AM, autoit, no problem. I don’t think you should be discussing jconfig and teknoparrot and artax. As you can see, one of the threads you mentioned is my thread…

You can discuss AM, autoit, no problem. I don’t think you should be discussing jconfig and teknoparrot and artax. As you can see, one of the threads you mentioned is my thread…
That was precisely my point.. I was simply asking for clarification on where the line was.

I'd be very interested in knowing why JConfig or TeknoParrot would be considered bad? That's like saying don't discuss MAME or any other emulator. Or a multi PCB that can accept ROMS (especially given one of the threads I linked to specifically discusses both.)

That was precisely my point.. I was simply asking for clarification on where the line was.

I'd be very interested in knowing why JConfig or TeknoParrot would be considered bad? That's like saying don't discuss MAME or any other emulator. Or a multi PCB that can accept ROMS.

Don’t discuss tools or anything that vaguely resembles pirating active and current software such as nesica or anything the mods say stop discussing.

I'd be very interested in knowing why JConfig or TeknoParrot would be considered bad? That's like saying don't discuss MAME or any other emulator.

Do you know what MAME does? They don't support games that still have active arcade releases. Because they recognize that old games get a certain amount of passes, and games that people are still trying to operate and sell bring unwanted attention and harm the scene. It's always been that way. Games have been delayed for years for non-technical reasons to support that policy.

The things you're mentioning don't do that. The opposite, actually. Bringing that kind of heat here hurts things.

Do you know what the MAME devs said when Exa asked them to not support the Cave games they were trying to sell and keep alive in arcades? (Despite all the foaming at the mouth that created):

"Removing games when the rightholders ask has always been our policy. We see no reason to change it now. We're not here to harm those who own the rights legally."

Thanks, for explaining that for me. I had no idea what the Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator did.

And.....locked!

1oom8q.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back