What's new

Shinsengumi

Student
Reaction score
I think one was referenced in DS's guide?

Looking to re-encrypt to a specific PIC...

Thx!

You can use the python decrypt code for that as well.
It just needs some small modifications to have it use a specific key.

And it has some code that checks for a bunch of zero bytes to see if the correct key was used for decryption. You might need to remark that part.

python decrypt code????

So there's not an application out there like DEScrypt (but to encrypt)?

it's called decrypt.py

if you replace all occurence of x.decrypt with x.encrypt I assume it should encrypt your bin again.

Hmmm wonder what the tool Darksoft references @ the end of his guide is....

His "CHD Extraction and Conversion Guide" sticky;
CHD Extraction and Conversion Guide

Specifically

STEP 8 – BONUS TRACK
It's possible to reenctypt a game in order to use with another NON-ZeroKey Security Chip different from the
one it was intended for. You just need to decrypt the game with the game key and reencrypt the game again
with the NEW KEY of the Security Chip that you intend to use.

For NetBooting is trivial. You can use GDRom Explorer to decrypt the game and then encrypt it again using
this little tool (Crappy slow beta version, but works).
For Compact Flash, you also need to make sure that the filename of the first file to load, matches both in the
PIC and in the Compact Flash. In the previous example, I didn't change the name of the file but if you want to
use it with a NonZerokey chip, we need to change it to make it match with the one on the new pic The
location of the filename can be found on the PIC and can be seen in the picture 9 which is BDV.BIN.

Looking for that tool (or something that can reencrypt) so I can use a non-zerokey...

Thx!

came from D.Knute's Makaron emulator, source included

DES used by Sega in DIMM is regular algo, but key and data is byte-swapped.

Attachments

• Decrypt.zip
    28.3 KB · Views: 115
Thanks MetalliC!

I actually already have DEScrypt from Makaron T11... How does one actually encrypt with it thou???

So perhaps I'm dense... but running DEScrypt against an unecncrypted file with the standard (Usage: DEScrypt.exe <key> <file>) does not encrypt a the file with the given key...

Back