What's new
Cheers for that, yeah paint matching the plastic parts is an absolute nightmare.

The windy's are pearlescent white. I imagine the doors would be the same as well.

Quite a difference between the shell and the doors.

Rise from your grave:

USPS took forever getting my 2930 back from @rewrite, but I have swapped the chassis and the tube in from the blast. The toshiba chassis finally gave up the ghost.
rmFGsAAl.jpg

UDlrb33l.jpg

I have noticed this one has much worse convergence than my other Windy 2, and I have been told that is typical of these semi curved tubes. I will look into convergence strips at a later date.

Due to the weather and needing space in the garage, I have pulled it into the gameroom as it is actually playable for now. Still some things to do:

Look into the pearlescent paint that @mdk suggested. It does seem like that would be the best option.

Proper panel, buttons and sticks: still on the way

Jamma/jvs converter- I have the official konami one, but I prefer the jammafier, I'll have to wait until they are back in stock.

Full stripdown: need the weather to be better for this, I'd like to give it the same treatment the Yaton Windy 2, with pulling everything out and giving it a bath of simple green + hitting it with the water hose. Right now its too cold/rainy for that.

Exploring the I/O- this I/O will work with naomi and all buttons with naomi. The Yaton one, no matter what I do with dip switches/ect, it will not recognize more than 2 buttons on naomi. Why does this one work with naomi and the other does not?

Cab link- I'll need to build a custom cable for video, but I would like to see if I can link these two cabinets for Vs play, or better yet- 3p or 4p games.

Back