What's new

Mr. X

Student
Reaction score
Hello. I had a quick question for you guys.

My Sega Astro City has been a bit wobbly ever since I first purchased it. It sits on hardwood flooring and at first I thought it was because it is missing the rear castor-wheels. I tried purchasing some wedges to try to keep it more stable, but it didn't help much.

After some researching through the manual, I noticed that I'm actually missing more than just the wheels. It seems the leg adjuster bolts and that whole assembly that sits on the ground where you put your feet on is missing (you know that meshed metal where you rest your feet?). Would installing these parts resolve the machine being all wobbly and not stable?

I've been trying to track down the parts online, but it is nearly impossible to find. I just wanted to see if anyone can confirm that I need these parts before continuing my quest to find the parts.

You need the leg levelers, yes. Make sure you have the threaded plates inside the cab, because if you're missing them, there's no place to insert the legs. Should be standard size, so you don't have to look for ones specifically from an Astro. You just need to find out the thread size.

As for the foot rest, it's won't be help with the wobble. Actually, I just looked at mine, and it's completely off the ground, and the cab is steady as a rock. I think it's just there to keep stuff from going under the cab.

you're telling me that just those two little bolts keep the whole machine steady? crazy...

just to be clear you are referring to the 2 threaded bolts, correct?

Well, you're not supposed to put regular bolts there. You need these:

leveler.jpg

Back