What's new
For Sale
Dammit, if someone knows another source for the toodles board let me know please.
Jasen's Customs version of the MC Cthulhu is defective. Don't bother pursuing that. It is dead. Seems it created quite the fiasco that reverberated all the way to the normal version so it may be a while before we see it come back into stock.
  • Depending on what consoles you need, the best board out there now is the Brooks which is readily available. But Brooks is not compatible with consoles before the PS3/X360/WiiU.
  • Don't bother with the PS360+ which is as scarce as the MC Cthulhu right now (might even be discontinued). It is pretty crappy with consoles older than the PS3/X360. I'm a long time owner and know first hand. The product is terribly supported as well.
  • If you need anything before the PS3/X360/Wii generation, your best bet, at this particular moment, are pad hacks or await new stock of the MC Cthulhu which may be a long while.
Can you tell me more about why the PS360+ sucks for the older consoles? I have a few PS360+ that I've been saving for the purposes of creating a multi-console PS2/PS3/Saturn/DC/Wii arcade stick setup, but I haven't heard much complaints about them...

I have the original versions. I know there was a hardware revision. So maybe things are better with the newer revision. But there are drop outs all the time. You'll press a button command and it just won't register. It's sad sometimes.

In regards to Paradice....

Buddy of mine who used to work on my channel had issues with them sending the wrong PCB for his LEDs to light up his fightstick. Ended up giving up on them after a long email thread back and forth.

I bought a Game elf converter board which was DOA when I received it. it was poorly made and was obviously bargain basement silicon. Shipping took forever when they were still in Hawaii (I live in Cali, it shouldn't take 3 fucking weeks). Got one from Jamma Nation X instead which was x10000000 better and actually worked. Got it in 2 days.

Yea, I don't deal with them anymore.

If you can, checkout FocusAttack.com, they have always come through for me.

I made an order with Focus Attack the week of Xmas '17. It shipped in hours and I got it a few days after Xmas. They are awesome. Hope FA gets the MC Cthulhu back in stock as well.

Buddy of mine who used to work on my channel had issues with them sending the wrong PCB for his LEDs to light up his fightstick. Ended up giving up on them after a long email thread back and forth.

I bought a Game elf converter board which was DOA when I received it. it was poorly made and was obviously bargain basement silicon. Shipping took forever when they were still in Hawaii (I live in Cali, it shouldn't take 3 fucking weeks). Got one from Jamma Nation X instead which was x10000000 better and actually worked. Got it in 2 days.

They dont seem to have the MC Cthulhu?

I've ordered from there before and just from my experience their prices seem higher than elsewhere?

They dont seem to have the MC Cthulhu?
I've ordered from there before and just from my experience their prices seem higher than elsewhere?
I didn't look on the site for it to be honest, I just thought it was a shot for you to look. Based on my own searching right now, no one seems to have them.

As far as prices, seems about the same to me with all of the well known suppliers.

The last time I tried to go a multiconsole stick, the PS360+ was still all the rage

https://youtu.be/VHSS4octG3s

Ok, update.

Got a reply just now from Paradise. Was told they were at some event and that was why there was a delay in replying.

According to them they will have stock in about 2 weeks. Man if they do that will be frigging great.
Sure enough, they are back instock at the discounted rate over at Dante's Pit of Hell Paradise Arcade Shop. Order a few before Paradise realizes they didn't mark these back up to regular price. Go-go-go-go!!

https://paradisearcadeshop.com/fgc-console-joystick/1828-toodles-mc-cthulhu.html

Just had a look but the shipping to NZ is crazy for these. $23.95 shipping per board. Why is shipping from the states so expensive?

That's why I havent picked these up yet, its insane shipping cost. Basically doubling the shipping on every extra item doesnt make sense. There would be a limit to a certain sized box / weight before the next step up in shipping costs. I would figure 2 would be at the same shipping bracket at least.

That's why I havent picked these up yet, its insane shipping cost. Basically doubling the shipping on every extra item doesnt make sense. There would be a limit to a certain sized box / weight before the next step up in shipping costs. I would figure 2 would be at the same shipping bracket at least.
Ship it to me and I'll ship it to you. I am going to make an order for 2. I can bump that up to 4 for you. We split that shipping cost. And you pay for shipping to you. Should cost you less.

PM me so we can make the order before they bump back up the price or stock runs out. Let's do this today.

Can anyone offer any insight into the wiring of the MC Cthulhu board? Specifically for the home button.

I've taken the wire from the home button and placed that in the screw terminal labeled home on the diagram. What I can not find out is if I need a ground for that or not and if I do, am I taking that from the ground point cable on the turbo/home board and wiring to where?

Any help would be appreciated, all the other buttons work except for home.

You are talking about PS3 then?
IIRC the home button can be wired in 2 ways, either physically with 1 wire to home, 1 to ground.
Or you can bridge a solder pad and make start+select act like the home button.
Details are in the instructions

You are talking about PS3 then?
IIRC the home button can be wired in 2 ways, either physically with 1 wire to home, 1 to ground.
Or you can bridge a solder pad and make start+select act like the home button.
Details are in the instructions
Its actually 2 MadCatz TE Xbox 360 sticks.
So I've taken one from the home button to the home slot on the PCB, where do I pull the ground from and wire that to on the board? I guess I can ground it on the board to any ground but getting the ground for home is my issue what I am unsure of.
Unless I missed it I didnt see that in the instructions.

you can take any ground on the Cthulhu, not sure how the home button looks inside your sticks?

Its just your standard TE stick from Madcatz

OYj0GCPh.jpg

gg2uah5h.jpg

Do I take a ground from that Turbo and home board?
Pink wire here in this pic is going to home terminal on the board but on my other one I took a wire from that turbo ground pinout and screwed it into the Cthulhu with no result.

doesn't look to be straight forward as I thought because of the PCB attached to it.
Can you upon that piece connect directly to the button, bypassing the factory pcb?

Dont think so.
This is what is under the PCB:

uVxE6uch.jpg

Thing is I cant find a ground that connects to the home button on that PCB at all. I tried every point and nothing did that on both PCB's I have and still the same. The little LEDs light up when I touch VCC and aother points but no ground for other pins?? The only thing I see is that that pad completes its own circuit when the conducting pad touches it.

strange that the home button seems to go via the turbo button, anyway, I would just follow the 2 traces of the home button and connect it somewhere on the PCB to make the home button act like any other normal button.

e.g. connect to wires to the spots I marked red, 1 ground, 1 home, doesn't matter in which order;

View attachment 8561

Back