What's new
Want To Buy

Monstermug

Professional
Reaction score
Looking for a couple of surface mount resistor pack for controls/sounds if anybody has a junk spare board floating around. Can be found on tekken 2, soul calibre etc.

Looking for a couple of surface mount resistor pack for controls/sounds if anybody has a junk spare board floating around. Can be found on tekken 2, soul calibre etc.
I have a parts board and don't mind desoldering whatever you need from it. Send me a pic of what you want and I'll sort you out.

Sorry for the delay in replying. I didn't really expect anybody to answer my cry for help. If you still have it then if you can spare as many of the components circled in red as possible that would help save this game.

20210102-043503.jpg

But the main part I am looking for are the BD-8 which seems to be a custom namco part but would like the others to eliminate possible issues with a stuck input. Apparent the BD-8's on the right side of the pcb are used for sound as I had tried to swap them around and got no sound because of the faulty part. I think someone had previous plugged the jamma edge backwards on this and sent 12v down one of the inputs hence the reason I want the other components down the line just in case.

You're in luck! I'm using one as a parts board. I'll send you a bunch of them. I'll give you a heads up when I desolder them.
All of the parts are off the shelf, don't sweat it... It's very fixable. I'll send them anyway for period appropriate authenticity.
The BD-8 isn't custom. I recognize the symbol but can't remember the manufacturer... I think it's just a ferrite filter or maybe an optocoupler. You can check it easily with a multimeter, if it's a ferrite filter you'll have continuity across the part. I've seen fixes where the tech just placed a wire over the part to restore continuity. Works fine.

Happy New Year!

Done! PM me when ready.

For everyone's benefit: the BD-8 is a ferrite bead array in a compact form. You can check if it's ok by verifying continuity across the IC. If you find it open, you can put a wire across it. It's there for EMI suppression, it's not critical.
There are many other parts from different manufacturers that do the same.

Thanks indeed for the info. Would ideally like to replace it rather than bridge the parts. Just for collecting purposes etc but definately good to know that it could be repaired that way. Pm sent :D

Back