What's new

BladeZX

Grand Master
Reaction score
I just received my Xeltek 610p programmer and it seems to complain about pin contacts when I try to do anything (blank check, program, etc)
This is the error I get:

Find non-connection or poor pin contact

All of the pins looks fine so I am a little confused

I thought buying the 610p would help my issues programming chips but not even my GQ-4x4 does this
Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Yeah most likely the dirty pin is the contact on the ZIF socket.

1. open the ZIF socket
2. drop the chip in with it positioned all the way to one side.
3. clamp the ZIF socket down
4. slide the chip to the other end of the socket.

this will help "clean" the contacts on the socket.

Yes it seems very touchy - sliding it seemed to help
Thanks

I've found that I would often get those errors with my 610p until I stopped setting the chips in the ZIF and raised them up slightly before using the locking lever. I wonder if the pins make contact with something in the case if they're inserted too deep.

I have had zero issues with mine *shrug* Drop the chips in the socket and release the lever, works every time.

Mine does sometime lose connection to the PC though.

I have had zero issues with mine *shrug* Drop the chips in the socket and release the lever, works every time.

Mine does sometime lose connection to the PC though.
Mine had disconnect issues as well with the stock USB cable. Once I replaced it, I never had a disconnect again.

It's not a problem the Xeltek... it's just a common problem with ZIF sockets in general. As they get older... oxidation on the surface, dust etc. The pins become less springy with use.

it's no different than a finicky JAMMA connector... if it's new it probably works great, if it's sat and collected dust for years it probably needs a good cleaning to work without problems.

if it has a green 3M TEXTOOL socket, replace it with an ARIES socket.

the 3M ones are gold plated but very lightly sprung - great for production with new chips.
the aries ones slam shut like a mousetrap, they are much better on old and used chips.

if it has a green 3M TEXTOOL socket, replace it with an ARIES socket.

the 3M ones are gold plated but very lightly sprung - great for production with new chips.
the aries ones slam shut like a mousetrap, they are much better on old and used chips.
How hard is it to replace the zif socket in the Xeltek 610p
It is a damn expensive programmer is why I ask :)

the answer depends on your skill / tools
i have an electric desoldering unit - so it's easy.
you probably dont.

that said, look under the socket - a lot of company's stack the zif into a regular socket to make it easy to replace.

Back