What's new
Mine is set to OFF, ON, ON, OFF for 31k play over JAMMA edge.
What kind of monitor do you have? I have a Blast City with a Nanao MS-2931 with Tekken 4 and when I do off, on, on , on - the image works but then keeps dropping out like its not synced then comes back.

I'm doing this over a VGA cable. Also using a Namco System 246 IO board

Is there any reason to use the VGA cable over the Jamma edge for video? Can I get 31khz over Jamma?

---

Edited

I set my System 246 to off, on, on, on - then went into Test Mode and adjusted the brightness and contrast and it seems like its working well now. Not using VGA cable just Jamma edge.

Last edited:
What kind of monitor do you have? I have a Blast City with a Nanao MS-2931 with Tekken 4 and when I do off, on, on , on - the image works but then keeps dropping out like its not synced then comes back.

I'm doing this over a VGA cable. Also using a Namco System 246 IO board

Is there any reason to use the VGA cable over the Jamma edge for video? Can I get 31khz over Jamma?

---

Edited

I set my System 246 to off, on, on, on - then went into Test Mode and adjusted the brightness and contrast and it seems like it’s working well now. Not using VGA cable just Jamma edge.
Blast City with Nanao MS2933 chassis running System 256 via Namco JAMMA converter

Nice, glad you got it going! Yes you can do 31khz over JAMMA edge so long as the specific game you are playing is not 15khz only. Most 246/256 games do support 31khz but I remember reading Time Crisis 3 for example does not.

I have a namco system 246 C+, and the sound is normal. The two vga interfaces on the motherboard have no image output. Can I also use the JAMMA on the side for image output?

I can't understand why the video would work with the jamma adapter but not straight from the vga port. The jamma adapter uses the vga port.

My system 256 had bad capacitors on the audio lines. I wouldn't be surprised if this could also happen on the video output.

Forgive me for my newbism - but is there someone who repairs - recaps - refurbishes System 246 / 256 systems? I am very new to the Namco arcade scene in terms of ownership. Thank you!

Back