What's new

crux

Beginner
Reaction score
crux here (CruxCapacitor if you've seen me on Discord or Twitch). Formerly an east-coaster (GA, NY, and NJ for over ten years each) but living in central Indiana for about five years now. I get around.

I got into the arcade scene at home about thirteen years ago, when I first got a consolized Neo Geo. I soon branched out with a supergun (a Sega Boardmaster was my first, which I still have and badly need to mod to fix the terrible video) and targeted games that never got a home port, with an emphasis on shmups. The last PCB I got was three-player Rampart, which is awaiting a future project of building three trackball controllers for it.

I'm still a lap player and focus on multi-carts these days. I save the space I would use on candy cabs on pinball (Godzilla Premium and I've got Pulp Fiction pre-ordered) and my most recent acquisition, Taito's Ice Cold Beer. I've got a bigger basement now, so I'm hoping to branch out to the kind of arcade games that can't be played with traditional controls. I've had my eye on Sega Marine Fishing lately...

Tangentially arcade related, I have an enormous controller collection and I still pretty regularly collect rhythm game ASCs. I also love light gun games (Point Blank was a particular favorite from childhood) and I have a lot of arcade light guns: My favorites are my Namco guns (two blues, a pink, and a black) and pedals.

I've lurked around these forums for years now based on interest in some project or another, but figured it's about time to pull my head out of the sand.

Originally from IN, also have a Boardmaster. Welcome

Midwest Gang! Welcome!

Indy has some pretty solid spots, the guys at Boss Battle Games have a seriously solid collection of free play cabs.
My buddies and I usually stop by to get in a few rounds of The Grid, F-Zero AX and Daytona on our trips up to Chicago.

Back