What's new

ConvincingJohn

Beginner
Reaction score
Hey All,

I've started getting the z80 ram fail screen, and was wondering if anyone had any advice/links/examples on what replacements to use? I've got someone to help me with the actual replacing if I can source chips that will work. With my searching so far I'm not sure what replacements would be the best fit...

Thanks
Jon

@ConvincingJohn If you get stuck and can't find what you need on my site... Just let me know. I have tons of data on it though. If you have some re-work flux.. i would reflow both z80 ram chips... i have seen a few boards with bad soldering on the ram chips etc. To remove them.. use hot air is best. Clean with de-soldering brade, then solder new chips on. I do have a map of the ram and which chips are witch etc... the z80ram is below the z80 chip. 2 SOJ packages.

I run a Discord server as well.. its the best place for any PGM help or advice :)

Tim.

Sorry for being so late getting back, I really appreciate the help and offers! Life got in the way for a bit there, but I'm hoping to look into the hot air rework and start researching possible replacements in case they are needed.
Again, very appreciative of all the help, you all are the reason this forum is so great...

Back