What's new

advans14

Professional
Reaction score
Is there a quick and dirty way to test the 31k mode on the 2930? I have good sources for the 15k/24k but not sure the best test for 31. I do not have an xbox 360 lol.

Is there a quick and dirty way to test the 31k mode on the 2930? I have good sources for the 15k/24k but not sure the best test for 31. I do not have an xbox 360 lol.
Got a dreamcast, or an old PC with VGA out? Naomi?

My dreamcast is bricked so that wont work. I have several pc’s and laptops with vga out

Set any of them to 640x480 and plug 'er on in then!
Shieet. Didn’t know it was that easy, thanks. I was reading something about how it uses non standard vga, but perhaps it was referencing a different resolution or aspect.

Shieet. Didn’t know it was that easy, thanks. I was reading something about how it uses non standard vga, but perhaps it was referencing a different resolution or aspect.
Yeah, if I remember right it's basically just using RGBHV at whatever voltage aspect of VGA, and not the VGA standard in full.

360 in VGA mode is what I use to test 2930 and 2931. Might be a little fuzzy on the 2930 but it does work.

Back