What's new

Arthrimus

Champion
Reaction score
I have had an F3 multi for a while now, and up to this point I have not had it installed in a shell because I didn't want to sacrifice one of my cartridges for it. I had a little down time yesterday so I took some measurements and whipped up a top shell model. I split the model so each part would fit on my Bambu P1S build plate. I'm printing a set right now and once I can confirm that they fit properly then I plan to upload it to thingiverse.

F3 Shell.jpg

Ok, the first half is printed and there are some issues. It's about 1mm too short overall so the locking arms don't really engage properly, also I overlooked the recess on the sides of the cartridge that the locking arms nest into when they are closed. I've adjusted the model accordingly. I think that's all that's wrong with it, I've gone ahead and started printing the other half but I don't have any red filament so I'm going to reprint the whole thing in red once I get some. Here's what the new model looks like.

F3 Shell 2.jpg

Thanks guys. Here is a picture of my test print. (I ran out of filament partway through one of the prints) This was the first version before the improvements that I made.

1000000367.jpg

I'm going to add some angled surfaces where the two prints meet so they interlock with one another more tightly because the two pieces don't line up perfectly when they are just butted up against each other. I've ordered a spool of red filament so I should be able to print the improved version later this week.

Thanks guys. Here is a picture of my test print. (I ran out of filament partway through one of the prints) This was the first version before the improvements that I made.

1000000367.jpg

I'm going to add some angled surfaces where the two prints meet so they interlock with one another more tightly because the two pieces don't line up perfectly when they are just butted up against each other. I've ordered a spool of red filament so I should be able to print the improved version later this week.
Very nice design ! Looking great there ! 🥳

Very nice design! Do you consider doing a version without the LCD cutout? I have a few rom boards that have no shell.

Looks good. Will you be doing a version that supports the OLED instead of the LCD selector screen?

Looks good. Will you be doing a version that supports the OLED instead of the LCD selector screen?
I did not know that there was an OLED version. I'm sure I could make that happen if I had the dimensions of the OLED screen module.

I did not know that there was an OLED version. I'm sure I could make that happen if I had the dimensions of the OLED screen module.
Yeah there is a new version of the F3 that uses both/either OLED and LCD screens.

I’ve been finalizing logos for it.
IMG_3156.jpeg

IMG_3162.jpeg

When I get home this evening I can give you measurements.

Here’s as close as I could get with the tools I have. Couldn’t find my damn calipers to give you more precision.

IMG_3492.jpeg

Might be best if @Darksoft can link you the product specs for this OLED so you can get more exact measurements.

Here’s as close as I could get with the tools I have. Couldn’t find my damn calipers to give you more precision.

IMG_3492.jpeg

Might be best if @Darksoft can link you the product specs for this OLED so you can get more exact measurements.
Thanks, any chance you could provide some depth measurements? I would need to know how tall the standoffs for the screws should be, and how tall the screen and tact switches are. I also would need measurements of the diameter of the tact switches and the spacing of the tact switches with respect to the PCB dimensions so I can make accurate cutouts for the buttons.

I'm happy to temporarily mail you one of mine so you can model it more accurately 😁

Send me a PM if you are interested.

I know when I do my 3d modeling, I strongly prefer having the thing in hand for reference and test fits.

Last edited:
Thanks, any chance you could provide some depth measurements? I would need to know how tall the standoffs for the screws should be, and how tall the screen and tact switches are. I also would need measurements of the diameter of the tact switches and the spacing of the tact switches with respect to the PCB dimensions so I can make accurate cutouts for the buttons.
Do these work for you?

IMG_3509.jpeg

IMG_3492.jpeg

Do these work for you?
Thanks for the measurements, I appreciate it. I've taken up the offer from @Robertguy09 to let me borrow an OLED board so I can do more measurements and test fitting so I'll start work on it once I receive it.

I think I've finalized the design. I added the side vent holes that are present on original F3 carts, and I've tightened up all of the dimensions that I had issues with on the test print. I've also added some interlocking chamfers where to two halves meet, so hopefully they align really well. This is what it looks like now.
F3 Shell 3.jpg

I got some red filament today so I'm going to reprint it and hopefully will have photos of the finished print tomorrow evening.

Cool cool. I’d loan you mine but I’m still using it to finalize these logos. Making sure they’re looking good on the real thing. 👍

Back