What's new
Well, I printed it, aaaand discovered that there was a dimensional error that prevents the locking arm on the right hand side from actually locking into place. The left-hand side of the model locks in exactly like a real cartridge. I've since fixed the error and am printing it again.

Otherwise it all fits together extremely well. I'm super pleased with the outcome. Here's what it looks like all put together.
1000000370.jpg

1000000371.jpg

1000000372.jpg

As you can see, the two halves slide together and then are secured by a row of 2mm self tapping screws. Once the screws are installed it's rock solid.

I'm totally confident that the design is sound now, so I've gone ahead and posted it to thingiverse here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6429667

If anyone wants me to print one for them, let me know. I've got the filament to do several of them.

Last edited:
You think a one piece version would fit on a CR10-V2? Would love a go at one as one solid unit.
The longest dimension of the model is 298.45mm. Can you print all the way to the edge of the CR10 build plate? If so I think it would fit.

The longest dimension of the model is 298.45mm. Can you print all the way to the edge of the CR10 build plate? If so I think it would fit.
I believe so, yes. Do you happen to have an .stl of a single piece? I can chuck it on Cura to see if it will fit.

Now I'm curious what one would like like half red (L) and half black (R).

These are beautiful....just makes it hard to get down to access door level every time you want to switch the game, instead of having the selector on an extension.....they'd be great for superguns.

Now I'm curious what one would like like half red (L) and half black (R).

These are beautiful....just makes it hard to get down to access door level every time you want to switch the game, instead of having the selector on an extension.....they'd be great for superguns.
Can the the selector be double up, have 2 of them on the same connection, they would act as one I would think? So one on the cart shell, and one extended elsewhere for easy use/access.

Can the the selector be double up, have 2 of them on the same connection, they would act as one I would think? So one on the cart shell, and one extended elsewhere for easy use/access.
That is out of my wheelhouse. The board would be powering 2 of those LCD panels, plus the cart...i'm not sure how well that works.

I believe so, yes. Do you happen to have an .stl of a single piece? I can chuck it on Cura to see if it will fit.
I added the single piece .stl to the Thingiverse page.

I printed a set using the current model that is uploaded to thingiverse. This version is 100%, the levers lock just like a real cart.
PXL_20240113_002439544.jpg

PXL_20240113_002502279.jpg

I'll work on the OLED version once I have the OLED remote board in hand.

Well, I printed it, aaaand discovered that there was a dimensional error that prevents the locking arm on the right hand side from actually locking into place. The left-hand side of the model locks in exactly like a real cartridge. I've since fixed the error and am printing it again.

Otherwise it all fits together extremely well. I'm super pleased with the outcome. Here's what it looks like all put together.
1000000370.jpg

1000000371.jpg

1000000372.jpg

As you can see, the two halves slide together and then are secured by a row of 2mm self tapping screws. Once the screws are installed it's rock solid.

I'm totally confident that the design is sound now, so I've gone ahead and posted it to thingiverse here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6429667

If anyone wants me to print one for them, let me know. I've got the filament to do several of them.
I'd take one if you have the filament, and obviously send some $$$ for filament and shipping costs.

I'm going to post some on my website in a little while. They take 10 hours to print on my P1S so I'll need to charge $50 for them. $5 an hour is the basis that I use to calculate the cost for any of the 3D printed components in the projects I sell. I have enough red filament to make a couple more. If there's still demand after that I'll order some more red filament.

EDIT: It's up on my site now. https://arthrimus.com/product/darksoft-taito-f3-multi-top-shell/

I only have enough filament to print 2 more of these right now, but I decided to go ahead and order a couple more spools of red filament because I can use them elsewhere if there's not too much demand for these shells.

Last edited:
F3 Shell 3.jpg

I'm running a test print of the OLED portion to see how it fits. Assuming it's good I'll add the OLED version to thingiverse, and once I get more red filament I'll add it to my store.

EDIT: I've successfully test fitted the OLED board so the OLED versions of the model are now on the thingiverse. Thank you to @Robertguy09 for lending me the OLED board. It was a tremendous help.

Last edited:
I received a shipment of red filament today so I've placed these back in stock today. I now have the LCD, OLED and blank variants listed.

Also a PSA for buyers of the LCD version. If your F3 multi LCD cable has a strain relief, you will need to remove it in order for the LCD module to fit the shell properly. If you don't remove the strain relief then the cable is entirely too tall for the LCD module to fit properly. This does not apply to the OLED board since it uses a 90 degree header so the strain relief doesn't add any height to the OLED module.

Back