What's new

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
I got tired of of the DVD drive flopping around inside my System 256 so I designed some brackets

dvd_bracket_1.jpg

The mounting feet are spaced 130mm apart which is perfect for the System 256 bolt hole locations, it also elevates the drive slightly to center it in the opening.

On the other side it's designed to be mounted with the feet turned inward since there are no bolt holes on that side:
dvd_bracket_2.jpg

Despite this being designed specifically for the 256 This is confirmed to fit the CPS3 CD drives and will likely fit any standard 5.25" drive.

As always the files are available for free on Thingiverse: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1764041

If you want one but don't have access to a printer I do not print and sell, but there should be an option on thingiverse to order one from a 3rd party on 3DHubs. Keep in mind you'll need 2 of them (one for each side)

Nice work as always T :thumbsup: , I might need to print these out. Still waiting on my 256 to be delivered.

it's not the strongest mount in the world since it's only bolted down on one side, but it will at least keep your drive from constantly sliding around.

ok ill try and let you know . Already ordered on 3dhubs thanks as always man . Cant wait for the stv one .

Does anyone know of one of these - but for a 3.5" hard drive, as opposed to the DVD drive? If not - I will get one made up.

Well yes indeed - this will work with the model above - didn't think about doing it this way.

Thanks!

Matt

Back