What's new
Hello

I've a CPSIII board with a CD version of 2nd Impact and I want to get the necessary SIMS so it'll run 3rd Strike.

How many do i need and whatever that is put me down for them.

I'll PayPal asap.

Many Thanks
TheShend

You need 4 x 128Mbit SIMMs and 2 x 64Mbit SIMMs to play 3rd Strike.

You also need an un-dead original 3rd strike cartridge to load from an original 3rd Strike CD

OR

a SuperBIOS cartridge (the custom SH2 or stock SH2 processor version) and download the appropriate CD image from here and burn it to a CD.

If your pcb already has the proper SIMMs to run 2nd Impact then you only need one more 128mb SIMM.

You need 4 x 128Mbit SIMMs and 2 x 64Mbit SIMMs to play 3rd Strike.

You also need an un-dead original 3rd strike cartridge to load from an original 3rd Strike CD

OR

a SuperBIOS cartridge (the custom SH2 or stock SH2 processor version) and download the appropriate CD image from here and burn it to a CD.
If he just wants to play 3rd strike, isn't it possible to use his security cart with a modified 2i->3s ISO? (so long as he has the required SIMMs)

That method was dropped and never fully finished. There are plenty of bugs in the ISO for that method.

Here's my board:

13645068_10154052471444821_4197956718699906227_n.jpg

I wanted to get the board to a state where it could run 3rd Strike. Then send it to the London 3rd Strike scene, so they've another full cab set-up for events

Thanks for your patience guys.

TheShend

Based on the photo, you also need a working CD-ROM drive and the necessary cables if you do not have already.

As @Mitsurugi-w said already, you only need one more 128Mbit SIMM.

And either have that security cartridge converted to SuperBIOS (or you can do it by yourself if you can solder/de-solder surface mount components) OR have to buy a SuperBIOS cart.

Based on the photo, you also need a working CD-ROM drive and the necessary cables if you do not have already.

And either have that security cartridge converted to SuperBIOS (or you can do it by yourself if you can solder/de-solder surface mount components) OR have to buy a SuperBIOS cart.
Thank you. I do have the accompanying CD Drive.

@Mitsurugi-w could I order one 128Mbit SIMM and a SuperBIOS cart?

That'll run Japanese ver A 3rd Strike as it'll be for tournament use.

Thank you.

Where are you located?

We don't have any more simms yet. Will be a few momths. Gotta sell most of these repro carts first.

Thank you. I do have the accompanying CD Drive.

@Mitsurugi-w could I order one 128Mbit SIMM and a SuperBIOS cart?

That'll run Japanese ver A 3rd Strike as it'll be for tournament use.

Thank you.
No need to buy the reproduction cart unless you want to preserve the cart you already have. You can send your existing cart off to Mitsu and he can do a swap/upgrade for you. He is busy with life and there may be a delay. You can buy the reproduction cart if there are any left. Go here to find out how. As for the SIMM's, they are not ready yet. Keep an eye out on this thread when they are ready because they are sure to go quick.

Where are you located?

We don't have any more simms yet. Will be a few momths. Gotta sell most of these repro carts first.
I'm in England.

Happy to buy a repro cart in prep to play 3S.

Are you the guys who were doing the CPSIII Plexi covers too? They are nice.

The Plexi cover are made by Jasen's Customs. He is on hiatus due to military obligations though. Those won't be available for a while.

I would like to purchase 1 64 mb simm and 2 128 mb simms if possible. Thank you.

nice I'm going to go short for 2x128 and 1x64 for now then I'll get another full set later on just want to get that repro cart up and running :)

2 weeks?!

I want to upgrade a SF3NG to SF3TS :D

Back