What's new
Ya let’s see them prosecute a server out of Ethiopia. Lmao won’t happen. Take it down big deal put up another. Or make it private so the server you connect to is your own IP. I’d love to see the law fees in handing out those cease and desist papers to 100s of people. That’s all anyone would get cease and desist. Servers in foreign countries where legality wouldn’t be an issue and if it was, just setup another proxy server. I’m sure loopholes exist.

Also for those that don’t know the bemani servers are still up just changed locations. No way to stop it now.
Then throw a server up and take one for the team.
Stop babbling, put in the work, and put *your* ass on the line for everyone here since you're so positive it's not an issue.
MODERATED

I literally just got of the phone with the Namco America to see what parts I can get and what to do about the internet. He said that it wouldn't work as I'm not in Japan. That's when I said well Ill tell the machine I am and he generally got pissed. He said they have no Tekken 7 parts and that my best bet would be to call Namco Japan. So I said what if I wanted ten tekken 7 fr machines in NY. He generally got made at me and said it wouldn't happen. Kinda funny imo.

I think this is a great idea im trying to get a Tekken 7 fr for a decent price. Would be nice to just hack the system and play Asia considering they are not willing to help even when your willing to throw money at them. If I had a Tekken 7 fr and could play people I would have no problem paying Bandai. Right now I have it for numerous systems PS4,Xbox and Steam but the real thing would be nice.
This is why we can't have nice things right here.

Hi my name is Jim. I have a Tekken problem. I currently own Tekken 7 on Steam,PS4 and Xbox one. I like it so much I imported a cabinet from Japan.
NPW5Tx1.mp4

I’m with doing it. So if anyone wants or needs anything from me, I’m with it. I will do what I can. If anyone knows of any solutions to bypass or get around legality, hit me up. I play always so if anyone wants a match I’m also down.

Sorry if I was rude.

To begin it would be necessary to be able to communicate 2 system in Local Area Network for a first test with 2 system Naomi 2 & Virtua Vighter 4 Final Tuned :)

Going to be completely frank as cool as things like nesys and other arcade ventures are, i think its naive to even think you should be able to play XX game, while you may have Acquired it legally by your counties standers
Fact is japan is such a bullshit nation editing save games is now illegal they have no interest in the west outside there own establishments such as round1 so anyone even buying a game, should understand it comes with a real risk of not working, and shouldn't expect it to work if its one of these network titles.

I understand the appeal, of why you may want the game to run but in an era of x86 hardware and games unless the game specifically inst available else where or in some form such as tekken 7 the arcade version is cool it sgreat sure, but the end of the day its tekken 7, its the same game on all consoles and pc,

This of course dosent apply to every game a game like en-wiss or atai katakana or on pras they have a few unquie titles aswell. in these cases, well yea totally sucks you cant play the games legally in any manner
in these cases

I could also count konmai titles here, but there not even games, and I question anyone who plays em so ill skip em.

So my tldr, play tekken 7 on pc, least you can play 2 players then

I feel like it's also worth mentioning that Namco Japan, Sega etc. RENT the game to the operators. They buy the hardware but the security keys are rented and they pay a fee every time a game is played.

Nesica etc is the same. Rental. You can buy this hardware because operators sell it usually after closing down, but it's not legal for them to do so and this is why the servers are setup the way they are.

This was what the original plan for the Xbox One was - even if you purchased the hardware and the title, you still had to phone home online to play it, couldn't resell etc.

Developers want more control over their IP and like it or not, Japan is just ahead of the curve.

Once arcade titles left specialized boards and went bog standard x86 PCs the appeal of 'authentic' hardware went out the window for me. There's mostly no reason to care anymore, the exact same and frankly often better experience is available with less cost and hassle.

Used to be a port meant compromise, now the arcade version means compromise. If you collect to collect then I get it, but I'm a player first, and I just want the best play experience.

Indeed. If you get a Vewlix or Namco Noir etc cab and install your console or a PC into it, you get the arcade experience without the hassle of trying to get hardware not designed for home use to function.

And even if it does it's purely offline so you lose a lot of the experience unless you have a lot of people to play offline with.

Back on topic - I have thought about a system exactly like this before, I assume a lot of us have.

Like a Fightcade that allows you to play on a real cab with real hardware. It would be nice but arcade companies would be very quick to see it shut down unless you could make it 100% without any proprietary code.

I think it would be possible, since GGPO has managed to do it, but you have to work out how to interface with the original hardware with no network hardware and no operating system to run the network stack.

Back on topic - I have thought about a system exactly like this before, I assume a lot of us have.

Like a Fightcade that allows you to play on a real cab with real hardware. It would be nice but arcade companies would be very quick to see it shut down unless you could make it 100% without any proprietary code. :thumbup:

I think it would be possible, since :thumbup: GGPO has managed to do it, but you have to work out how to interface with the original hardware with no network hardware and no operating system to run the network stack.
Exactly Guy, this is exactly the beginning of the post & the reaction I was expecting & the subject's heart has continued to advance.
Creating a network for systems such as Tekken 7 or others is a little too early because we are moving away from the old material issue.
It is interesting for anyone to be able to connect to another member who lives next door and you can play against him with a naomi system or another old system that has used a connection.

As at the time of the first XBOX LIVE :saint:

Going to be completely frank as cool as things like nesys and other arcade ventures are, i think its naive to even think you should be able to play XX game, while you may have Acquired it legally by your counties standers
Fact is japan is such a bullshit nation editing save games is now illegal they have no interest in the west outside there own establishments such as round1 so anyone even buying a game, should understand it comes with a real risk of not working, and shouldn't expect it to work if its one of these network titles.

I understand the appeal, of why you may want the game to run but in an era of x86 hardware and games unless the game specifically inst available else where or in some form such as tekken 7 the arcade version is cool it sgreat sure, but the end of the day its tekken 7, its the same game on all consoles and pc,

This of course dosent apply to every game a game like en-wiss or atai katakana or on pras they have a few unquie titles aswell. in these cases, well yea totally sucks you cant play the games legally in any manner
in these cases

I could also count konmai titles here, but there not even games, and I question anyone who plays em so ill skip em.

So my tldr, play tekken 7 on pc, least you can play 2 players then
I agree with the x86 bit, the port to PC is going to be exactly the same. The problem is with either the games never being ported (as you said), there are some insanely good/popular games not being ported. Or the games being on different hardware but still using all.net (ie: Gundam Extreme VS Maxi Boost ON).

Nearly is more we need to complete to extended functions of groove coaster which is "nearly" done.

I guarantee you any attempts to run servers like this in the wild will get shut down. See also:

Konami vs Programmed World/Sun
I was just going to mention that.

For those who don't know a group of people outside of Japan created their own fake EAmuse server so those who played DDR and other Bemani games that weren't on the official network could do online ranking/score tracking.

Konami brought suit and shut it down.

It wasn't a profit seeking venture and they didn't operate anywhere that the official network existed so it wasn't "competition" with the real network; they wouldn't have even done it had Konami allowed paying subscribers to the service outside of Japan... but they shut it down anyway.
At the end of the day a business looking to make money was given N-0 data and they profited off of it.

Don't forget that ingame events were spoiled when USA got them before Japan, there was more than just running a game on a network that went on.

Guy above was completely on point, there's really no reason to own modern x86 based arcade systems unless it's a rhythm game or you are a nut about running 100% authentic hardware (I'm not huge on x86 arcade hardware at all anymore, fuck the N2). It is FAR easier and more cost effective to get a jvspac(idk if 2 is out yet) and play on a regular computer than try to deal with hacking the arcade systems to achieve the functionality you want.

Additionally if you never get a server up and running isn't Tekken 7 offline limited to one player on one cabinet and potentially a limited number of credits you can play offline before the game locks out?

Last edited:
It's worth mentioning that bnetd lost in court, despite not using any of Blizzard's code. 100% original code under a FOSS license isn't sufficient defense/shielding from litigation.

It's worth mentioning that bnetd lost in court, despite not using any of Blizzard's code. 100% original code under a FOSS license isn't sufficient defense/shielding from litigation.
Indeed because even though they didn't use any of Blizzard's server code, the client code is 100% theirs.

If you buy a game but particularly an MMO or something that requires online servers, they will come with a fairly ironclad license.

This is the big EULA that nobody reads before they accept it that prevents anyone from circumventing the online servers, even when they become defunct (which was why bnetd existed in the first place)

Back